2 anybus wireless bolts connect via bluetooth 1 end laptop other allenbradley compactlogix

hi I am after connecting to an Allen Bradley compact Logix wirelessly over Bluetooth
I have set up using WIFI and works fine but wanted to use the Bluetooth as in a noisy environment. I have set up using the easy start up and connected easy enough I can see the PLC using RSLINX classic but as soon as I try to go online it crashes. and doesn’t allow me to connect.
what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ashley

I’m not sure why its crashing, but 802.11 WiFi uses 2.4 GHz and so does bluetooth, so there won’t be a difference as faR as background noise. How far apart are the Bolts?

at the moment I have disconnected and put them next to each other on a test bench and still getting the same problem as soon as I tell studio 5000 to go online just fails to go online with communication error, I can see both units and I can see the IP Address of the PLC I want to connect to but as soon as I try to connect to the PLC it fails, the only thing I can put this down to is a setting I’m missing or is there a maximum data rate Bluetooth can or cant handle ? speed of the message causing a issue with the Allen Bradley software? not sure I’m sure people have done this in the past but cant find any information

thanks

ashley

For this issue, you should open a ticket with your local HMS office so they can assist you by phone or remote session. You can do that by going to https://mysupport.hms.se and creating a ticket or by calling +46 (0) 35 17 29 00,

Hello Kyle
I have opened a ticket already wanted to check if I’m not doing something silly and there isn’t a tick box or something I haven’t checked? I have read on here that should update the firmware is this something you would recommend? we use a software package here called team viewer is that something they use?
hope to hear back from the ticket as need this sorted soon

thanks

ashley

Hi Ashley,

Did you hear back on the ticket yet? If not, let me know and I can reach out to our support team over there.

Kyle

Hello Kyle

Yes I did not massive help to be honest, just saying the normal stuff update firmware ect… I did manage to connect for a little bit this morning but keeps cutting out.

I did speak to someone but if you know someone in the know with using Allen Bradley PLCS with 2 bolt units would appreciate it

Thanks

Ashley

I see the case is still open so they should be getting back to you with more help. Once again, though, you noted that WiFi worked and I want to make sure you understand that bluetooth is using the same spectrum (2.4GHz), so there is most likely no benefit of using bluetooth over WiFi in this case.

A post was split to a new topic: Wireless Bolt connection problems

Thanks a lot!