2 WAN ports on 2 different subnets?

Hello! I have a customer that needs to connect the eWon unit to 3 networks.
The first is the machine level LAN network.
the other two are WAN networks, one is on a 192.168.x.x subnet and one is on a 172.250.x.x subnet. The customer needs to have access through the 192.168 network for asset management, and the 172.250 subnet is the internet connection for the customer to receive remote support from our Machine Builder. is it possible to have 2 WAN ports on different subnets? Can I NAT the addresses of the PLC and HMI in some way to make this work?
thank you!

Hello @lindybird,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have two separate WAN subnets connected to the eWON. However, you could purchase a router that does have the ability to connect 3 different subnets. Two of the router’s subnets could be your 192.168.x.x and one could be 172.250.0.0, and the third could be the link between the eWON and the router, for example 10.1.1.0/24. You could then enable NAT on your router that translates IP addresses from both of those subnets into an IP address that fits into the 10.1.1.x subnet. Finally, you could enable NAT 1:1 on the eWON to translate the 10.1.1.x addresses of the devices into their actual IP addresses on the machine network.

I hope this helps answer your question – please let me know if I can assist with anything else!

Best regards,
Ashley