4005CD FTP error

Hi,
Our customer has many Ewon 4005CD and often, the port 21 FTP is blocking. The project is with a Efive, but I think that the Efive is not the problem. On the Ewon, the port HTML 80 stays OK, the cellular modem connexion is OK, but the port 21 stayes blocked for many minutes/hours.

Before the problem, on a automatic transfert of data by FTP (Scada Topkapi), the Ewon has many message of :
varID-Import config error at line (Line 139)
mgio-Tag not found when importing Instant value

Many lines with… (Line 1), (Line 2), (Line 3), etc…

With a FTP Client (FileZilla), on Port 21, the Ewon answers this error :
ECONNREFUSED, connexion refused by the server.

Do you know why the Ewon stays blocked ? Do you have a solution ?
Firmware EW_11_0s0 and EW_7_0s2_FR.
Thank you !!

Hi,
I think that there is a link between the script, command by script by FTP on the file inst_val.txt and the error in the diagnostic events :

varID-Import config error at line (Line 139)
mgio-Tag not found when importing Instant value

And then the FTP is blocked…

and

The solution is maybe to avoid this command by FTP and instead another way to change the value on the other Ewon.
What do you think about it ?
Do you have a simple way on 4005CD to write a instant value on a tag on another ewon and avoid to use the FTP transfer ?
Thank you,

Here is an example of sending data between two Flexys using the M2Web API:

Hi,
on the project, we use Efive, so no M2Web API account or Talk2M.
The two Ewon 4005CD can see each other directly.
Do you have another way to write the value without M2Web API and FTP transfer ?
Thank you,

In that case you could use the MQTT, or Modbus TCP IO Servers to send data between them.

I think that Modbus TCP would be the easiest. First Publish the tag:

Publish Tag in Modbus TCP

Then Poll data using Modbus TCP

Hi,
Ok, the modbusIP works.
But, it seems that other sites 4005CD have the same problem… but without command. So, no ftp transfer for these sites. The modbusIP can’t fix the problem of these cases if the hypothesis was that the FTP transfer instant value blocks the port 21…
One idea about the problem of blocking ? … With a Flexy, would be better ?
I imagine that the firmware of Flexy is more stable that the old firmware of 4005CD (last firmware on Ebuddy 11.3s0) …
Is it very simple to transfer the programmation of a 4005CD to a Flexy ?
To change to a Flexy, is it the solution according to you ?
Thank you,

I don’t understand what is blocking port 21. Keep in mind that you need to use the Ewon username and password for FTP, and if you are connecting on the WAN port, you must make sure that ‘WANitProt’ in comcfg.txt must be set to 2. (reboot after saving change)

Yes, the 4005CD is obsolete now and there have been no firmware updates for a long time.

Yes, they are compatible. You can import the configuration from the 4005CD to the Flexy.

Hi Kyle,
HMS Belgium said me the solution, I had to select the option of ‘Don’t push any routes to client’ on the Efive for the VPN account Ewon. Now, all seem OK. Thank you,

OK Great - thank you for the update Remi!