Ab 7832-f 3/27

Good Evening, I’m having problems setting up the above mentioned gateway. I used the GSD files on your website, but the offline light stays permanently on and the PLC cant access the gateway through the bus. The gateways operating mode also cannot be changed, and says unavailable. How do I solve this???

Hello @Ntsako_R,
The AB7832 is a profibus slave and ethernet/IP adapter. What side of the gateway are you having issues with? Is it just the Profibus side? If you are not seeing the LEDS status light show it as online there is most likely an error with its configuration. Have you looked at this application note regarding the setup?

The gateways operating mode also cannot be changed, and says unavailable. How do I solve this???
Where the device is a slave on both side this gateway does not have an operating mode and should always be running.

Regards,
Deryck

Good morning Deryck

Thank you for the response, I have problems with the profibus side. Before setting it up I looked at the application note and I set it up according to that. The gateway is a profibus slave to ethernet ip adapter, I connected a s7-300 plc on the profibus side and used the x gateway gsd file from the hms website.

Thanks

Kind RegardsNtsako Rikhotso

This is the current state of the gateway

Hello @Ntsako_R,

Are you seeing any errors on the S7 PLC? The device is either not configured correctly on the PLC, or the profibus cabling is not correct.

Deryck