AB-9001 Profibus slot configuration

Hello,

Is there any way to configure the Profibus slave side in such a way that either each transaction or each connected Modbus slave gets its own slot? It seems to me no matter how many slaves or transactions I have, they are always concatenated into one Profibus slot.

In the picture attached below, you can see how all the transactions from the two Modbus slaves “test” and “jkhl” are combined into one 42 word Profibus transaction at SLOT 2. I can’t really understand why it’s the case, since both my Master side program and the gateway’s GSD file suggest it should be able to use up to eight slots on the Profibus side instead of just two.

Anybus%20Profibus%20config

Hello @sjm,

I am not sure that this is possible, the transactions are mapped to the memory automatically in the order they are configured on the device. I am checking with my colleague to see if this is something they have done.

Deryck

Edit: I noticed your account comes back saying you are from Finland. To allow my Swedes colleagues to help I have created an issue in our support tool.

Hello @sjm,

Sorry for the delay, I noticed you never received a concrete answer to this questions.

The mapping is done automatically you will need to add the Gateway to the module as seen in the mapping overview section.

Regards,
Deryck