Ab7000- C communicating with Siemens S7 300 with Em6400 Energy meter

Hai,
I am new to anybus and new to this forum

I am having issue while communicating AB700 -C Converter with Em6400 Schneider Energy meter. Anyone can please help me to resolve the issue.

I am trying to communication to PLC but it is not happening.

Please find the attached files for your reference.

Thanks
VMK

EM6400.cfg (16.0 KB)
log.txt (26.4 KB)

Ab7000- C communicating with Siemens S7 300 with Em6400 Energy meter
Ab7000 communicating with Siemens S7 300 plc with Em6400 Energy meter

Hai,
I am new to anybus and new to this forum

I am having issue while communicating AB700 -C Converter with Em6400 Schneider Energy meter. Anyone can please help me to resolve the issue.

I am trying to communication to PLC but it is not happening.

Please find the attached files for your reference.

Thanks
VMK
EM%206400 EM6400.cfg (16.0 KB)
log.txt (26.4 KB)

Hai,

I am new to this forum.
New to Anybus

I am having issue while communicating AB7000 - C Converter with Em6400 Schneider Energy meter. Anyone can please help me to resolve this issue.

I configured and checked some data is coming but when i connect with PLC module is not communicating.

After download anybus module not coming online and
LED status
no - 1 OFF
no - 2 RED steady
no - 3 OFF
no - 4 OFF
no - 5 RED steady
no - 6 Green Blinking.

I attached configuration details.

I request expert to help me on this…EM6400.cfg (16.0 KB)
log.txt (26.4 KB)

Thanks
VMK

Hi @Vmkumar2020,

Since you are new to Anybus, I highly recommend that you read the User Manual and explore the Product Page for Application notes, videos, and other documents that will be relevant to your application.

You are going to want to look at this document which will guide you through setting up the SIMATIC software:
PROFIBUS_Slave_Step7_2.1.pdf (3.2 MB)

The LEDs are indicating that the fieldbus is offline and the subnet is stopped or in an error/timeout state, however the log is showing data being transmitted and received, so something doesn’t add up.

Please take a look at those documents and follow the instructions. Then let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hai,

Thanks for your immediate resonance…

Now i could able to communicate but the values are not coming correct.

Please find the attached file for your reference.

Thanks
Muthu

EM6400 (1).cfg (16.0 KB)

It looks like you have everything configured correctly for communication, you just have the wrong starting address. This is going to be dependent on the energy meter and you should be able to find the correct location in that devices documentation or data map. You may have to try moving a byte or register in each direction if they don’t seem to be matching up because there could be an offset depending on how they are numbered.

Dear Mr. Kyle,

Thanks for your update.

I configured the starting address is 3000.

Please find the Energy meter manual for your reference.

I may be wrong…

I changed the starting and checked and found meter is not communicating to module.
please find the attached file for EM 6400 manual and data address.

waiting for your valuable input to resolve my issues.

Thanks
VMKEM6400_Series_User_Manual_NHA12533-03.pdf (3.6 MB)

I think what you are trying to do is read holding registers which is function code 03 and the addresses will start at 0. It looks like it’s all in that manual but i don’t have time to read the whole thing at the moment. I can check back with you on Monday. Have a good weekend!

Dear Mr. Kyle.

Thanks for the immediate update…

You too happy weekend…

Waiting for your valuable reply…

Thanks
VMK

Hi VMK,
If I understand the current issue correctly, you are receiving values but they do not make sense.

It appears in your current application you have the byte swapping turned on which is often not needed when communicating to Siemens. I have attached an image showing this in the software.

Please try setting this to no swapping and let me know if the numbers make sense.

Best regards,
Jason Block

Dear Mr. Kyle,

Thanks for your update.

After changing also no improvement…
Do you have any OPC server or in the communicator I can see the values…
Waiting for your valuable reply…
Thanks
VMK

Hi VMK,
There is a tool called Node Monitor which shows the values that the Communicator is receiving. I have attached images.

We could use this to validate that the data values the Communicator sees match the Profibus master.

Another approach would be to simplify the application down to one Modbus value to see if that is reflected correctly then work from there.

Please let me know how it goes.

Jason

Dear Mr. Jason,

There is any possibility to modify the GSD file as per requirements.

From meter and receiving data as 32 byte.

Any possibility to receive 32 byte.

Thanks
VMK

Hi VMK,
I believe you are asking if the 32-bit data coming from the Modbus device can be represented as 32-bit values on Profibus. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

The short answer is that there is not a good way to modify the GSD file to accumulate multiple bytes as a single value.

The gateway will order the data as a stack of input and output bytes. The controller will need to make the determination whether to read or write a section of data as 32-bit data or not.

Please let me know if this answers the question.

Best regards,
Jason Block

Dear Mr. Jason,

Thanks for your update.
I am getting data in PLC but the problem is that every reading has 2 resistor (3000&3001) as 32Bit Uint.
Now the problem is that I am receiving as a 2word the conversation factor which is not happening…
Thanks
VMK

Dear Mr. Kyle and Jason,

Now I could able to get the values in PLC.

I did all conversion…

Thanks a lot for your valuable support and time…

Thanks
VMK.

Dear Mr. Kyle and Jason,

There is any possibility to communicate your AB 7000 directly to PC ( Computer).
If yes can i communicate to wincc using your serial to Ethernet cable.
If yes where can i get the driver for the same.

I am waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks
VMK

Hi VMK,
If you are trying to communicate with the Profibus side of the gateway via PC, it is certainly possible but it would not be via a serial to Ethernet cable since Profibus is different from most serial interfaces at the hardware level.

You would essentially need a PC interface supporting Profibus (USB, PCI, etc.).

Best regards,
Jason

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your valuable update.

I reacived one cable serial to ethernet ( Blue colour)with AB700 Box.

What is the use of that.
With that cable can I connect directly to PC using profibus side gate way…

Hi VMK,
It is not serial to Ethernet. It is only serial RS232 with an RJ11 connector for the configuration port of the gateway.

Jason