AB7000 - C with Siemens S7 300 PLC

Hai,

I am new to this forum.
New to Anybus

I am having issue while communicating AB7000 - C Converter with SEW drive.
Anyone can please help me to resolve this issue.

I configured and checked some data is coming but when i connect with PLC module is not communicating with PLC

After download anybus module LED status
No - 1 Green Steady
No - 2 OFF
No - 3 OFF
No - 4 OFF
No - 5 Green and Blinking
No - 6 Green Steady
My anybus Module profibus address 99 but in module ONLINE in siemens PLC configuration OFFLINE.

Can you please help me on this

[Uploading: S73008091U1.cfg (16.0 KB) .JPG…]() Uploading: S7300 Confi.JPG…

Can you please anyone support me on this

Hello,

I apologize for this. I had a draft created but it did not update.

Give me a few moments to loock at the files you posted.

Have you been able to verify communication using the Logging and Node Monitor feature in the ACM?

As for the Communicator side, the LED’s do not show any active connection errors on the fieldbus side. The subnet LED does show some transaction errors, but that can be reviewed in the log tables.

Have you loaded the GSD file in Siemens?

On the support page for this unit, there is a section called “Application Notes”. It goes over connecting the communicator with the siemens side as Master or Slave. I would try the document that fits your needs, and see if you can get the siemens side running.

https://anybus.com/technical-support/pages/files-and-documentation/?orderCode=AB7000

Looking at the configuration, i see no glaring issue that would cause communication errors to the PLC. I

Hello Mr.Kevin,
I could able to do node monitor also i can Log.
As for the Communicator side, the LED’s do not show any active connection errors on the fieldbus side - Yes i also surprised how could be.
Yes I do loaded GSD files.
Also i attached LOG file for your reference.

Thanks

ThanksAnybus.txt (31.9 KB)

Hello,

Did you review the documentation that i mentioned? The issue seems to be that the device is not properly connected on the Siemens side, and it’s assoicated software. There are no errors, but it could be an issue with the configuration on Fieldbus software.

1 Like

Dear Mr. Kevin,
Thanks for your immediate resonance.

I go through documentation which you shared to me and as per documentation I have checked it seems to be ok, also it was running from past 4 years now suddenly it has happened and stopped.
So i thought of that it could be Anybus (AB7000-C) module had problem so I changed new Anybus (AB7000-C) module and i downloaded the backup which i shared in my last post, after that also problem remains same.
My doubt is that how it will be Online in module (Anybus AB7000-C) and siemens side is offline.
Waiting for your valuable reply.
Thanks

Hello,

Does it show any errors in the PLC or Simens software?

I find it odd that the fieldbus side is not showing on the communicator as well. Also that it is occuring on the a different device, shows that the connection could be bad. Have you looked at the connector as well?

Dear Mr. Kevin,
Good Morning.
In siemens it shows module not available.
I have changed the connecter also i have changed cable from module to siemens PLC.
Thanks

Do you have multiple PLC’s on the line? This issue is odd as the connection was working, but even with multiple communicators it is not showing on the Siemens side.

Are you using a profibus cable for the connection?

Dear Mr. Kevin,
I have only one PLC which is CPU 315 2DP . In that PLC i have more than 5 Anybus modules and all are same module ( AB7000-C)
Yes i am using profibus cables from anybus modules to siemens PLC.
It was working well from last 4years.
I don’t and i am surprised how it has happened, Also Anybus module Green PLC side not online.
In that configuration profibus address 99 is not working.
Moved to Notes
Please find the atteched my hardware configration of PLC.

S7300 Anybus.txt (31.9 KB)

Dear Mr. Kevin,
Good Morning.

I have done reconfiguration in siemens PLC.
Now it is working.
Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the update. I am glad that reconfiguring the PLC resolved the issue.