AB7000C with ABB REM620 Modbus Communication via RS485

Dear sir ,

I am new at Anybus Communicator. I have AB7000-C , it is connected to the S7-400 PLC via Profibus.
It is communicating with PLC. This AB7000-C is connected with 1nos ABB REM620 relay & 3nos REF615 Relay via RS485 Modbus protocol. now the problem is the Modbus data are not communicating. None relay is working now …
Pls help me out . I am in big trouble …

Regards
Shaheen Alam

Hello,

You can look at the serial communicator using the logging feature in Anybus Configuration Manager. This will show you the raw messages being sent on the serial network. You should see transmitted message in the Tx side and the the response in the Rx. This site provides a clear break down of the messages and provides an explanation of error messages. Exception Codes | Simply Modbus Software

Deryck

1 Like

Thank you sir!
Yesterday i can communicate the REF615 & REM620. In the REF615/REM620 side already i am getting the communication Status TRUE. and Also the frame transmitted & Recieved. But in whenever i am trying to monitor the node in the Anybus Communication Manager software, the values are getting nothing …

Pls suggest me how can i do the more diagnosis …

Regards
Shaheen AlamAnybus Config Final.cfg (16.0 KB) Anybus Config Final.cfg (16.0 KB)

Hello @ShaheenAlam ,

You will need to look at the logs and analyze the modbus messages to see what is going on. If you save the logs as a text file I can take a look and give you some pointers.

Deryck

1 Like

Thank You sir!
I am getting the communication is good now. And I am also getting the data in the Master(SIEMENS Step7-400)… I am configuring the full modbus mapping data for the ABB RE615 & REM620… Thank you for the helpful suggestions… But now i am facing another problem . the problem is not uploading the configuration from AB7000C to the Anybus Configurator manager …
Msg-"Configuration is missing or no configuration Found’ I have tried simultaneously 100-150 times but it is not uploading the configuration data.

Regards
Shaheen Alam

Hello @ShaheenAlam ,

This sounds like an odd issue did you have issues uploading from the Communicator before? Do you have another communicator you can test with? Could you use one of the configurations posted here and try downloading to it?

Deryck

1 Like

Thank You, Sir!
I have four AB7000C , I have tried all of them. All are same issue , during upload it shows error uploading. Yes i have downloaded that configuration.
Regards
Shaheen Alam

Hi @ShaheenAlam ,
Am I understanding this correctly, you have tried on multiple devices and can download a program but not upload it? Can you try on a different PC? Can you try opening the software and creating a new configuration and saving it to give the program a name and a place to store it on the PC. Then upload one from the communicator without downloading.

Deryck

1 Like

Thank You sir,
I have only one Desktop PC( DCS System PC) with COM Port . that’s why i can’t try with different PC. .
I have downloaded the confg. to the anybus communicator. In the subnet side(ABB REF615) shows communication is healthy. In the PLC (SIEMENS-400) Profibus is healthy. in the software the Anybus is okay. but no data is reading in the DCS software.
For your kind information my configuration file & Modbus Data mapping is given in the attachment.
Please help me sir, i am big trouble.

Regards
Shaheen AlamAnybus Config Final.cfg (16.0 KB)

Hello,

You can use a laptop and a USB to serial to download to the device. A dedicated/built in com port is not required.

How does the DCS system read the data? If the PLC is showing a good profibus connection it sounds like this is working. Is there data in the node monitor?

Deryck

1 Like

Thank You Sir! I managed a Serial to USB converter …It is working good. The uploading Configuration also Solved with my laptop.

But Today i have tried to monitor the node found some following status .
Please Check sir.
Regards
Shaheen Alam

Can you clarify this statement ? The screen shot doesn’t show any explicit issues.

Deryck

1 Like

Dear Sir,
Thank you! Actually I had tried to monitor the node … the screenshot is given . I am not also understanding the issue. I tried to log the event. it is attached below. sub network status also given following!

Sir, My configuration is okay?? Pls can you check once??
log_tim.txt (34.8 KB)
How can I check the slave/node data that are received by the AB7000C??
Pls help me sir.
Can you please give me a sample configuration for my modbus mapping data??

Hi,

Looking at the log it looks like there is an issue on the bus. There seems to be multiple devices talking on top of each other. In your log there is a bunch of other received bytes. Are you sure this is the only master on the network or another device using a different baud rate? You could also just have noise on the line causing the issues. You should just see a set of transmit bytes followed by a response.

This page gives clear explanation of a query and response.

Deryck

1 Like

Thank You! sir , yes here i am using 01(one) REM620 Relay & 3(three) REF615 Relay… Total Four slave on the bus.the four relay using same braud rate 9600kpbs . AB7000C is only master for these 4 relay(modbus slave)… From AB700C , it is connected to a Master SIEMENS PLC 400 CPU via Profibus… The Profibus Braud rate 1.5Mbps.i have almost 200 profibus slave on the master system…
Regards
Shaheen alam

Hi Shaheen,

I am not sure this helps identify what is causing the erroneous data in the logs. Try taking a log with no transactions running. Either configure them as triggered or remove them all from the configuration. If you still see traffic received on the bus there is something creating the data. If not it could be a bus issue. You might need to add termination or a voltage bias. There is a diagram in section a.4 of the user manual showing a proper RS485 bus.

1 Like

Thank You Sir! I am getting the Modbus data from Relay. I can only configure nine(9) data total 9X4=36 data , total of 144 byte, 72 words. I am using GSD HMSB1803. It is showing that only 244bytes can be configured. I can configure only 4X16AI Module … I can’t configure 32words any more , or I can’t Configure more than 4X16AI module (like 5X16AI or 6X16AI).
Should I change the GSD File??
Basically I need to read more data.
Regards
Shaheen Alam

Can you share a screenshot of your configuration? I’m not sure I follow what limit you are running into the device is capable of 244 bytes in both directions and you should have modules for 128 down to 1 byte.

Make sure you have the latest version of ACM and the EDS files from the files and downloads page. Anybus Files and Documentation