Ab7001 - c

@smar1373
Hi Josh,

Please attach the configuration file and any info you have about the old device.

Thanks,

Kyle

• Replaced the DeviceNet to Serial linking device and is getting an error that a subnetwork node is missing

Kyle,

Here is the configuration files I have from the original working device. I asked someone at the plant if they could verify the article number of the original device for me. I will let you know as soon as I hear back. I am also attaching a screenshot of the error I was seeing.

MM1700.cfx (1.09 KB)

MM1700.cfg (16 KB)

It looks like the old device was also an AB7001-C. The old one says CB V 2.1.1, and the new one is CB V 2.2.1. That’s the only difference I can see.

Is the wiring the same? Can you try RS232?

I think we aer going to have to do a call on tomorrow and possibly get access to the device in order to help with this one. We’ll be here after 0800 EST.

We are going to get set up and connected to the device, and see if we can use teamviewer or something so you can see what is going on remotely. How do you want to set that up?

The wiring should be the same. The only thing that changed was the Anybus communicator. We re-used the same serial cable, just unplugged it from the old Anybus and plugged it into the new one.

I think we could try using RS232. I could change the setup in the micromotion to RS232, but I am not sure if that would require the wiring to be changed.

Ok, sounds good. Do you have a direct number I can use tomorrow?

We are ready for a call today. Should I use the same support #?

You can use the standard teamviewer install or install the version on our site here:

HMS TeamViewer Download

And then give us a call @ 312-893-5636. Sorry for the delay, it’s been very busy this morning. At this point it is probably better to do after lunch time… around 1:30 EST.

I am getting a subnetwork fault - single node missing - when I try to connect my new Anybus Devicenet communicator to a Micromotion 1700 flowmeter. The flowmeter works with an older Anybus communicator. I uploaded the configuration from that one with the anybus configuration manager software and downloaded it to the new communicator, and verified the subnetwork settings were identical. The flowmeter works fine with the old anybus, but I get the subnetwork fault with the new one. The only difference I can think of is the firmware versions. The old one looks to be 2.001 (based on rslinx). Where can I find old firmware versions that I can try downloading to my new anybus communicator?

Topic closed due to inactivity.