AB7001 DeviceNet Communicator - Download Fails

Good morning,

I have a AB7001, it was working very well, but I needed download a new configuration.
So I could communicate with gateway, I have uploaded existing configuration creating a backup.
When I tried download the new configuration, it fails and LED 6 is static red (means it is bootloader mode).
I have tried the Factory Restore option under Tools > Options… > Module, but during this process, download firmware fails and I can not communicae with gateway anymore, so I need power off / power on the gateway, this way I can communicate again, but if I try download any configuration or Factory Restore, it fails during download.

Should I try Reset shorting the jumper? Or is there something else I can try?

@Fabio_Ukan Please respond to this topic next time

That’s correct, see: https://hms-networks-s3.s3.amazonaws.com/original/1X/ee29d9860dc098e911ea63275170e8f4d4f7175d.pdf

Hi Kyle,

We have tried reset with jumper, but the same status keeps.

LED 6 is Always static red.

We have tried the Factory Restore option under Tools > Options… > Module, but during firmware download, it failed halfway through the process and loses connection.

To communicate with module again is possible only if power off / power on.

If we try download a new configuration, same thing happens: download fails halfway through the process and loses connection.

The cable used is a RJ11 to DB9 recommended by the manufacturer (original cable), we are using a drive converter DB9 to USB PC connector.
We also tested in another computer, same thing happens.

I think the cable is ok, because we could upload the existing configuration from the module.

We could notice there is option to download firmware to AB7001, but we could not find the firmware available for download. This can solve this problem? Could you please share this firmware with us?

Is there something else we can try?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Can you provide the device serial number?

Serial Number: 0001948C

Can you check what version of the Anybus Configuration Manager you are using? (Help > About)

Hi Kyle,

Now it’s working, we changed the cable. Should be this the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Atenciosamente,