AB7007 Ethernet/IP <> RS485 rectifiers access from PC, not PLC

We have a new installation of RS-485 based rectifiers controlled by AB7007 converters that are configured for EtherNet/IP communication. We want to control the ramp time to final current/voltage using EtherNet/IP running on a PC with control software. We are able to access base functionality of the AB7007 e.g., serial number or product name. Finding suitable examples for this access is difficult. Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi @riley.carrier,

This will depend on you controller software. What are you using?

Does it allow you to import the EDS file for an Ethernet/IP Adapter? If you need the Assembly Instances for the IO, you can find them on page 110 of the User Manual.

We have examples for Rockwell on the Product Download Page. You can add the Anybus as a generic IO device in RSLogix using the following Assembly Instances:

Hi Kyle,

I managed to read the input assembly instance this morning but it appears I’m getting the entire 512 byte block. Is that expected?

The software we are using is WinHoist, which is an Amsax product. I’ve been tasked with integrating control of the rectifiers directly i.e., without the use of the PLC, primarily to control the ramp up of voltage and current. We have experience controlling other rectifiers with direct serial but not through Ethernet/IP. The manufacturer of the rectifiers is Electronic Plating GmbH.

I’m assuming I can use the “Parameter Data Input Mapping Object” B0 to obtain data from the AB7007 that relates to a single address/drop on the RS485 bus. I receive an “Invalid Parameter” when making a call with $B0, $01, $01 as class, instance, and attribute. Any insight or help on this would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Riley

WinHoist looks interesting, but I’m not familiar with it. Fortunately, our device follows the Ethernet/IP specs and conventions, so if you can get instructions from Amsax about what it supports and setting up Eth/IP connections in general, they will also apply to our device.

Using the Parameter Data Input Mapping Object seems like a complicated way to go and it’s not something I’ve seen used a lot with this device. You are probably getting the error because you need to properly initialize data as explained on page 121.

It may be easier to use a GET (service code 0xE) and SET (0x10) to the assembly instances if your software supports it: