AB7072 input size problem with RSlogix 5000

I’m trying to set my I/O on my PLC 1769-L32E with RSlogix 5000 but the I/O are always invalid size (code 16#0128 or code16#0127). I try to septup only few input with ACM software and check the subnetwork the quantity of byte. With only 3 inputs, I have 6 bytes in the subnet network monitor so if I understand, i need to enter 6 in the software RSlogix 5000 when the ask me input size and format (INT DINT REAL). For sure, I used the EDS file on your webstie. As this point, I don’t know what i’m suppose to do.

Check these 2 settings and make sure they are the same as mine:

Use the Subnetwork Monitor to to determine the actual sizes in bytes:

Make sure that you consider the data type when you enter the sizes in the PLC. (80 bytes = 80 SINT = 40 INT = 20 DINT, etc.)

I check what you send but i have the same issue I don’t understand… Is it normal when I program the anybus module I need to change the protocol mode (Generic data mode to Master mode) and the the light #5 subnet status become solid red and I lost the communication between my checkweigher and the anybus module. In generic data mode every thing is ok with communication but I can’t set my I/O in this mode.

Can you share your .cfg file and the commands you are trying to send?

SSVEIP_config.cfg (16.0 KB)

This is the file that I use. When I go in the subnet network to check all bytes of my I/O, I have 292 for input and 7 for output. But I’m trying to configure my I/O in Rslogix 5000 and have always a message that said (Input invalid size).

It could be because you have a gap in the data:

You should try starting Consume 3 at 1C instead of 1F. That will reduce the In Area to 289.

I know that I need 292 bytes in my communication so with this screen shot I can said that some data are missing in the CFG file because only 289 are used ? Because I need proof for the seller so…

Ok I will try tomorrow to offset all ma data to clear de gap. I will give you news went it’s done.

Regards

The company told me that every thing is OK with the cfg file. But just to be sure, I/O size in the anybus software is the number of bytes that I read in the subnet network ?

Correct. Are you sure that you are downloading the config file correctly to the Anybus? Can you do an upload and check?

Yes every thing is correct when I uploaded. When I’m writting the I/O size in anybus software (292 input, 7 out), the anybus module fall in fault mode (1:blink green 2-3-4:nothing 5:green 6:blink red/green) But when I write nothing in I/0 size (0 input, 0 output), every thing is ok (1-2-6: blink green 4-5: green 3:nothing)

What is the data type in RSLogix? Can you send me a screenshot of the IO size you are entering?

Have you tried to delete and then re-add the AB7072?

Probleme anritsu.docx (4.6 MB)
Every thing is here. Yes i tried. If I’m right, the number that I enter in RS logix must be the same that I write in anybus module. But I can’t enter anything in anybus because the module fall in fault if I change the 0 value (I/O size in cfg file)

I think you may have input and output switched. Remember that the input on the serial side is the output on the Ethernet/IP side and vice versa.