AB7072 with Logix 5000 version 16

@anonxzdbpwym
Hi Yuseph,

I forgot to get the version of the PLC. Can you let me know?

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

This is a ControlLogix 1756-L62 with firmware version 16.

Thanks,

Yuseph

Hi Yuseph,

I can’t find any reason why the AB7072 would not work with that version. What exactly are the errors you are getting? Are there any RED or flashing LEDs?

Kyle

Attached is the config file and code we are using.

I’ve copied my programmer at site Khuyen Dinh.

Yuseph

Sorry Wrong Email. I resend this again

Khuyen

Hi Kyle,

Not sure if this message came from the programmer.

In our PLC cod IO tree the module still shows faulted. Unknown error and module type MISMATCH.

On the anybus module, only #5 led is solid red or dark orange. Aerzen tech support told me this is ok.

Thanks,

Yuseph

A solid red LED 5 means there is a problem with the subnet (serial) side. Does he have the User Manual? All the documentation and utilities can be found on the product page.

What is the serial slave device (labelled B87D in config file)? Confirm the serial settings are correct (node=1, RS485, 19200/8/no parity/1 stop bit) and the cabling is correct.

What are the other LEDs doing? Specifically, is LED 2 solid or flashing?

Kyle

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I figured out what the issue was preventing the communication between the Anybus communicator and the ControlLogix PLC. The 1756-ENBT originally had a firmware version 4.003. Once we flashed it up to any of the higher firmware versions we were able to get the comms established and I was able to write to the internal memory of the anybus via the data exchange.

Thanks,

Yuseph