Ab7306 Manual

Hello,

I am having trouble finding a manual for the CANopen AB7306 device. I am able to find a video showing some configuration information but nothing else.

I am hoping to use this device to send SDO write and read messages. Is this possible? If so, can you please share some documentation?

Thanks!
Matt

I software can be used to send SDO requests, but the master cannot be configured to cyclicly send SDO requests.
See the online object access for sending SDO’s with the software

Thanks!

Can you please share a link that has the information showing how to do this? I am using a CompactLogix PLC. I have the anybus device communicating with the PLC and with the CANopen network. I am able to connect to the anybus device with the configuration software. Although, I am not finding the information explaining the SDO message. I did find the information for the PDO messages.

Hi @mdahlen ,

The X-gateway can not be setup to use SDO messages to talk to slave. The device only supports data access from slave via PDO’s.

With a network setup

If you are online/connected to the bus with your USB to CAN.
You can use online object access to read and write data to individual slaves. This only is done though the software and is done via the USB to CAN. These are SDO messages.