AB7317 Control/Status Word reports BAD status

Yes, I should be able to capture the network traffic. I will let you know today.
Thanks

See attached packet capture (wireshark). This shows the Profinet Controller to Anybus Device connection (and a network switch Device connection), and the data transactions. The Anybus IO is configured for 66-bytes read/input (2+64) and 2-byte write/output.

AB7317-PNIO-Capture2.pcapng (255.1 KB)

See the attached screen image from the network packet capture (wireshark). Note the Anybus data packet for the 2-byte slot 1 Control/Status Word transaction has status=Bad (Red), and the 64-byte slot 2 CAN messages transaction has status=Good (Green).

AB7317-PNIO-Log1_Wireshark.pdf (162.5 KB)

Thank you for this. I am still going through it with a colleague.

Can you remove the Anybus from the project and then add it back with just IO data? (i.e. Reading the Control/Status word as if it is I/O data). The way it is added as Type = ‘Control/Status Word’ in your project could be causing the communication problem.

I does seem like this is an issue with the AB7317 not using the Control/Status Word Module, but instead a normal 2 byte Input/Output Module. I have forwarded this issue to the Product Manager.

In the meantime, you should be able to get this working using the 2 byte Input/Output Module and the 64 byte Input Module. Thank you for reporting this to us.

Resolved. Changing the slot 1 module from Control/Status Word Module to a normal 2 byte Input/Output Module did fix the problem.
Thanks for your help and support.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the update! Let us know if you have any other questions.