Ab7629

@Eric_Kilates
You can respond to this email directly

Kyle,

So I started with Anybus NetTool. I’ve attached the file for you to open. Had a couple questions. Can you give me a call back at 909-215-0087.

Thanks.

Kyle,

What I believe I did in this configuration was have one (1) Siemens PAC 4200 meter, then three (3) Siemens WL breakers ( one (1) ETU 776, and two (2) ETU 745).

I’m not seeing where I can list out the points for the three (3) Siemens WL breakers via the trip units I mentioned.

Then what is the next step for my HMI to poll the data via Modbus TCP?

Thanks.

Hi Eric,

Can you provide the GSD file: SI018173.gsd ?

I’m not sure what you mean by “points” here:

What you will need to do next to poll the data via Modbus TCP is configure the I/O sizes and other settings in the Anybus Config Manager and then set up your Modbus commands on the HMI according to the X-gateway’s Modbus Map.

Please let me know if you have any questions about that.

Kyle

Kyle,

Here are the two .gsd files used.

Thanks.

So you will just need to download the Profibus configuration. Make sure you are connected with an ethernet cable, in NetTool, go to Online > Driver Selection and use the Ethernet Transport Provider.

Then use the Anybus Config Mgr for X-Gateway to configure the I/O size, etc. for Modbus. It should look something like this (depending on how many bytes you are using):

(I would first do an upload, then set configuration and download it to be sure it matches the device.)

That’s it!

Kyle

Hello @Eric_Kilates,
A staff member responded to your topic 5 days ago however we have
not seen any follow-up on this request. If you require further assistance
please respond as soon as possible.

I still have questions with setup. I’ve messaged Kyle Reynolds but have not received a response since my email to him on 8/27/19.

Also had another question, for one (1) Anybus AB7629, if I have a Siemens PAC 4200 meter, along with fourteen (14) Sentron WL breakers with ETU and I used basic type 3: 14 values, I believe I end up with a total of 844 input bytes of data and 28 bytes of output data.

From what I can tell the Anybus only can handle up to 512 bytes of data, so I believe I have a problem. I’ve enclosed the file for the Anybus Net tool For Profibus for your viewing.

Let me know what can be done, as I did not think we would be running into an issue regarding have too many bytes of information being polled thru the Anybus device.

Thanks.

Yes, you are correct. The AB7629 only supports up to a maximum of 512 bytes of Input and Output data in each direction. The next generation device will support more, but unfortunately is not available yet.

Kyle,

Please see the attached.

SUB301 GW#1.xml (31.9 KB)

SI018173.gsd (37.4 KB)

Siem80C0.gsd (6.25 KB)

Eric,

You’re going to have to break up this bus and get another gateway unfortunately. I can’t find any other options for this much data.

Kyle

Kyle,

So based in the amount of data, where would be the best place to break up this bus?

You can put up to 11 Sentrons on a bus, but I’d distribute it more evenly, 8 or 9 Sentrons on a bus and the Pac4200 on a bus with the remainder.

Kyle,

I have a question for the following .xml program file that I’ve attached. Please correct me if I am wrong. In X-Gateway, these are my following settings:

Profibus Master (Upper)

Name – Profibus Maser

Offline option – Clear

Control word/Status word – Disabled

Live List – Disabled

Ethernet/IP + Modbus-TCP + Web slave + IT 2-port (Lower)

Name - Ethernet/IP + Modbus-TCP + Web slave + IT 2-port

Input I/O data size (bytes) – 360

Output I/O data size (bytes) – 6

Offline option – clear

Control word/Status word – disabled

Exact I/O Match – Enabled

Modbus Address mode – enabled

Run/Idle header – disabled

My next question, how does the input bytes and output bytes above, translate to Modbus registers?

Thanks.

Hi Eric,

That looks right. The way it translates to the Modbus registers is to basically swap the input and output. The gateway takes the data in one side and sends it out the other so you’re input will be 6 and output will be 360. You will setup your Modbus commands on your Modbus master with function code 4 (04h) to read input registers and and 16 (10h) to write multiple registers. The addresses are going to be the same as how you set it up on the Profibus side, with the possible exception of a +1 offset if the master starts at 1 instead of 0.

Kyle

Kyle,

I’ve attached a screenshot for reference to make sure I understand how the Modbus address works. In the image attached, if I click on the PAC4200 meter, Voltage a-n has an input address of 42…45.

So my Modbus master should poll a 32-bit register 40000 + 42 = 40042?

Thanks.

I did not get the screen shot, but I understand what you are asking. You’re correct that you will poll those registers (although there may be an offset of +1). Whether or not it is a 32-bit register or two 16-bit registers will depend on the meter.