AB7632 and Siemens PAC4200

Hi there!

How can I read data from a PAC4200 using a AB7632 gateway and write it on ethernet/IP in a ControlLogix data table?

You need to read/write from the PAC to the gateway using ModbusTCP and then read from the gateway using the ControlLogix. So you will setup the Modbus commands for the PAC and import the AB7632 into Studio using the EDS file. The instructions, software, and config files for the gateway are all right here: https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-specific/?orderCode=AB7632

I’ve tried exactly like you said and it didn’t work. Do the AB76732 really can read data from this Siemens PAC4200?

First, this is based on my assumption that you want to connect the Ethernet Adapter side of the Anybus to the ControlLogix.

The Anybus is a ModbusTCP server (slave). I am not sure what capabilities your Siemens device has, but after googling it, it looks like ModbusTCP is an option, but it doesn’t look like it’s a ModbusTCP client (master). I would recommend you reference the device manual to confirm if it has server or client capability. If it is a server only, that you are going to need a ModbusTCP client device, like the AB9006 to read the data and provide it to the ControlLogix.

I see… Can you check if the configuration file and .ACD file are correct due to this application?Teste_Gateway.hcg (6.0 KB) Teste_Medidor.ACD (3.4 MB)

There is no way for me to know if it’s correct until I know whether or not the PAC4200 is configured as a ModbusTCP client or server.

This topic is closed due to inactivity.