AB7649 - HMS IpConfig - Configuration rejected

Allo,
i am trying to change the IP Configuration on one side of the gateway with HMS IPconfig and i have an authentication error. When i enter the password, the error change for Configuration was Rejected. The password is maybe wrong, so firstly how can i reset to factory the gateway?
Thank you!

Hello,

can you take a screen shot of the error and post it to the forum? The configuration was rejected, may not actually be tied to the password issue.

There is no default password for the HMS IPconfig. It’s only when you select enter a new password, do does it create authentication requirements.

Hi Kevin,
I found the problem.
With the HMS IPconfig, my laptop was connected on an ethernet switch but also both side of the gateway. On the same IP range. The HMS IPconfig showed the two MAC address of the gateway but i was only able to change configuration of one side. To be able to change the other side, i had to unplug it from the switch and plug my laptop directly on this side.
I can’t explain why the HMS IPconfig showed me both side but authorized me to configure only one side!
Thank you for the answer!

1 Like