AB7649 - Siemens S7-1500 to Rockwell PLC5

Hello!

I’ve read the technote of Anybus AB7649 gateway and I have a question about it.

Can I use this gateway to exchange ethernet messages between a PLC5 (5/40 CPU) with a Siemens S7-1500?

The AB7649 will allow the EthernetIP controller to exchange I/O with the Profinet IO controller. See this page for more information.

Thanks!

Is it any restrictions if the Ethernet/IP controller is a ControlLogix or a PLC5?

Hello @Chanlucas,

The device is designed to work as a general Ethernet/IP Adapter and is not designed with a particular master in mind. You should be able to create a class 1 or 3 connection to the device to exchange data. The full ethernet/IP spec that is supports can be found in chapter 5 of the user guide. https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/manuals-design-guides/hms-hmsi-27-251.pdf?sfvrsn=1c7aaad6_28

We have application notes that cover setting it up as an IO module in Studio 5000 with an EDS file and as a Generic module. We also have one for using message instructions in studio.

While we do not have application notes for other Ethernet/IP masters and configuration software the setup should be similar but you my need to contact the manufacturer of your master for details.

Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.