AB7656-F : downloading the config file and interbus configuration

I purchased the AB7656-F and try to connect S7 PLC profinet to Quantum PLC interbus.
S7 PLC is ok(upper side), I have a problem of Quantum interbus.

1. When I try to download the config file by the anybus configruation manager X-gateway, there is error message like “incompatible x-gateway”. How can I solve it?

2. When I read the manual of IBS-CMD G4 manual to configure the interbus gateway, I do not know how the IBS CMD can configure the interbus gateway. If the IBS cmd configure the interbus gateway by the physical order, does it mean that I do not have to set the specific ID for interbus gateway(anybus) and IBS cmd simply fiind the anybus by first interbus or second interbus or third interbus, etc ?

*Hello

1. When I try to download configuration file to AB7656-F gateway by the USB cable and anybus configuration x-gateway manager, there is error called “Incompatible x-gateway”. What is the problem ?

2. Interbus slave(lower part) is configured by the physical order. Does it mean that I do not have to assign node ID or etc to configure the anybus gateway from Interbus network?
    How does interbus network recognize interbus gateway(anybus)?

3. Now, the interbus gate way is not properly configured by the inerbus master. If the communication works fine, does led “BA” blinks ?

Hi,

The x-gateway is a slave only for Interbus and has its node assigned by physical location. You will want to make sure you have the correct Baud rate.Please refer to this document for LED status and setup for teh interbus side of the device. If your using PCP the formula for transmission si in there too.

After the upper part is set as “profinet IO” and the lower part is set as “Interbus slave”, I connected the cable to AB7656-F gateway to download the config file.
When I try to download configuration file to AB7656-F gateway by anybus configuration x-gateway manager, there is error called “Incompatible x-gateway”.

What is the problem ?

Have you tried setting it to ‘Interbus 2 Mbit Cu/FO Slave’?

@Jeon, do you still need help with this?

Thank you for your reply.
It is solved.

After changing the baud rate, “RD” LED disappeared and it seems good.
Thanks.

Great - thanks for the update!