AB7663 - NetTool for DeviceNet unable to go online

I have two Anybus X-Gateway devices with the DeviceNet to Profibus interfaces, AB-7663 B/F models and I am trying to configure the DeviceNet network.

I am able to connect to both devices through the Anybus Device Configurator X-Gateway and read things such as serial number as well as upload/download configuration to the devices themselves.

But when I try to connect to the devices using the NetTool for DeviceNet Anybus Configuration Manager, I get a “Connection to interface timed out, check cable and power” message. I am trying to connect to both the 7663 B and F model using the included USB cable for the F model and an RS232 serial to USB adapter for the B model. I have setup the pathways using the provided HMS USB driver as well as the standard COM driver. I have tried from two computers, both running NetTool for DeviceNet 3.6.1. All attempts timeout and fail.

Any thoughts?

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Just wanted to follow up with you here to make sure you are you still having issues connecting to the bus though ACM device net.

Deryck

Hey Deryck,

We were able to successfully connect. Thank you for the assistance. As a note – the error message received from Anybus NetTool for DeviceNet when trying to connect while you have a session open in the Anybus Configuration Manager X-Gateway does read “Connection timed out, check cable or power”

If this could be updated to read as “network or COM port in use” it would be very helpful.

Thanks!