AB7670-F can't get EtherNet/IP Scanner to connect to FANUC robot or SMC EX250-SEN1 devices

This is the first Anybus x-gateway I have used. I need to connect 3 Ethernet/IP devices to a Siemens SIMATIC S7-1200 PLC. I have the PLC hooked up correctly and I see a bit change in the Anubus monitor screen.

I have tried many combinations of configurations for the Ethernet/IP scan list. I never get passed the MS blinking RED and the NS blinking GREEN. The manual states ‘Could not open an originating connection’ for the red, and ‘no Ethernet/IP connections have been established’ for the green.

My current config is for the FANUC robot. I am trying to connect to slot 1.

Hi Craig,

I saw that they have an application note on here for setting up this device to work with a siemens s7-1500. Can you use that as a reference and let me know if you’re still running into issues?

Thanks,
-Tim

Topic closed due to inactivity.

Hello.

I have the same issue as Craig. This is my first time working with an Anybus x-gateway. We have a Siemens PLC with Profinet connection, and a Fanuc R30iB Plus controller as an Ethernet IP adapter. We see the bit changes from the Profinet side in the Anybus monitor screen. I have setted up many configurations for the Ethernet/IP Scan list, but none of them worked. The MS led blinking red and the NS led blinking green. We have no ide what is wrong or what do we wrong.

I no longer work at the client where this was installed. I can’t recall exactly what I did to get it to work. I think it was something to do with 8 vs 16 bits. One side was 2x16=32 bits where the setting was a 2 and the other side was 4x8=32 bits where the setting needed to be a 4.

I went away from using Siemens PLCs and now use Schnider. Their M261 is a cheap controller that comes default with ethernet/ip. Saves me money on robot cells.

As Crag is suggestion there might be an issue with your connection size. The ewon is asking for the size in byte. If your device give you it in words you may need to adjust accordingly. 16bit word =2 byte, 32bit words = 4 bytes, etc.

anybusConfig_24Sep19.hcg (1.9 KB)

Attached are the last config file and a screen shot of the teach pendant in robo guide. Hope this helps. I dont have the anybus software on this computer. Can’t open that file.