AB7670-F setup with Fanuc robot

Hi,

I am trying to setup my first Anybus gateway. I have read through the documentation/guides for both the gateway and the i30 Fanuc robot. I have a Siemens master PLC set to 192.168.0.1, which communicates with the Profinet slave side of the gateway at 192.168.0.16. I then have the Ethernet IP master side of the gateway set to 192.168.0.17 and the Fanuc robot set to 192.168.0.18. The settings in the scan list are attached - the connection point details of 101, 151 and 100 are all relative to slot 1/connection 1 in the Fanuc Ethernet IP manual. I have set the number of bytes in/out to 64 to match the 32 words (512 DI/DO) in the Fanuc robot.

The robot has been configured as an ‘ADP’ with the input and output size (words) set to 32. I have set the digital IO to be mapped on rack 89 (ethernet IP), slot 1. I can ping the gateway successfully in the robot Host comms page however, under the ethernet IP setup it tells me ‘invalid host’. The lights MS and NS on the gateway flash red and green respectively.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Dan

Hello,

For the Fanuc Robot, what is the ADP configuration?

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Description: Connection 1
Input size (words): 32
Output size (words): 32
Alarm severity: WARN

These are the only configurable settings within the robot as an adapter.

Dan