AB7670 Scanlist help

The ProfiNet side of the gateway appears to be working ok. However, I cannot properly read/write data to an Ethernet/IP device. I think I am not properly setting up my scanlist. I have no errors on the gateway. All green LEDs with the link lights flashing. Attached is a screen shot of my scanlist, an EDS file for the end device and a word doc detailing the Ethernet/IP data items. I am new to Ethernet/IP so I am not sure if I am missing something.

1. At the bottom of the scanlist config screen there is an entry for Config. What do I put in there?
  2. You help mentions a tool of some sort that can create the scanlist entries using the EDS file instead of the web interface, can I get access to this tool or am I mistaken?
  3. Can you review the EDS file to help me confirm my scanlist entries? I am wondering if my data length is wrong and there are status word being added and I’m just not writing to the correct address.
  4. Will connecting the Ethernet/IP and Profinet ports of the gateway to the same switch cause problems during this setup/testing stage? I do not have a 2nd switch, at a remote site, and need access the Ethernet/ip port to set the scanlist entries and to test comms. Once I’m done the Ethernet/IP side of the gateway will be directly to the end device.

Continuum and Axcess E.eds (34.4 KB) Miller EtherNet-IP Object Model.docx (71.1 KB)

According to the EDS it looks like this should be 0, but I’d recommend confirming that with Miller.

You may be thinking of RSNetworx, which you would have to purchase from Rockwell. It shouldn’t be necessary though.

You need to check with Miller about this.

This shouldn’t be a problem. The EIP and Profinet network adapters are like separate devices and should have different IP addresses.

Thanks for the feedback. I will investigate more with miller. For clarification that exactly is the purpose for the Config setting at the bottom of the scanlist screen. It pertains to what on the Ethernet/IP side of things?

It’s for Configuration specific data only, not I/O data. It’s not always used, however, it still needs the correct connection point and size settings whether it’s used or not.