AB7671-F with AB 1794-AENTR

Hello everyone,

I have little experience with EtherNet/IP and I need help setting up my AB7671 to interface between a Profibus Master PLC and a EtherNet/IP Adapter remote IO rack.

Thanks,
Mo

Our office is closed for the day (5pm EST), but here is the link to the documentation:

https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-specific/?ordercode=AB7671

Please read the Network Guides and Application notes, and let us know if you have any specific questions we can help with. All software and configuration files are available for download on that page as well.

Hello Bob, the unit’s serial number is A039FDBD.

Thanks,
Mo

Thanks for replying @kyle_HMS. I need to know what to enter in the gateway’s scan list to make it communicate with the 1794-AENTR adapter.

The ethernet scanner is going to read the memory locations on the ethernet adapter (slave). You will need to know the memory locations and sizes of the data you want.

Here are the instructions for setting up the Scanner as found in the Network Guide.

1. First you are going to want to download our IPConfig utility from the software section of the page I sent above.
  2. Then you will follow the instructions in the Network Guide (here), connecting your PC to the Anybus with an ethernet cable, and changing the IP address with IPConfig.
  3. Then you can follow the instructions in the next section (here) to set up the Scan List by opening the Anybus IP address in your browser. The Scan List settings are going to depend entirely on the device you are connecting to and the memory locations you are trying to read so you will have to refer to the Allen Bradley documentation for that.

You will need:

• The Adapter IP address
  • Connection Points (see AB manual)
  • The Input and Output size in bytes
  • The location of data (offset from the start of memory space)

Thanks for the reply @kyle_HMS.

I’ve already looked at the documentation and figured out how to do almost everything except for the Connection Points. The problem is Allen Bradley does not offer any documentation or support for connecting a 3rd party controller/scanner to the Flex IO 1794-AENTR adapter. This knowledge base entry confirms that:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/493993

I called HMS before we purchased the gateway and I asked if it supported this particular Allen Bradley adapter and their answer was yes. So I am assuming that you have the information I need to properly set up the connection points for this particular unit in the gateway’s scan list.

Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much for you help.

Here’s the EDS file that I downloaded from AB’s website:
eds_1794-AENTR_v1.zip (19.5 KB)

I am going thru the EDS now, but please try the 100/150 for exclusive owner as that is common.

This is the exact modules lineup in the rack:

1794-AENTR
1794-OB8EP
1794-OB8EP
1794-OB8EP
1794-IB16
1794-IE8
1794-IR8

I hope that helps.

The EDS is showing:
3, $ O=>T
5, $ T=>O