AB7800 Problems configuring Ethernet/IP

Hello,

I am trying to configure an AB7800, I have got the Profibus half all connected, but I am having trouble with the Ethernet/IP side.

I have download the configuration to the Anybus multiple times through the configuration manager, but the MS LED is still flashing (Standby, not yet configured) and I am not able to connect any devices on the Ethernet/IP side. Am I missing something? Please advise.

Hello,

The AB7800 is an Ethernet/IP adapter, which means it is looking for an Ethernet/IP scanner (master) to connect with it. What are you trying to connect to the Ethernet/IP side specifically?

Best regards,
Nick

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am trying to connect to an ABB Robot Controller, which has an internal scanner installed.

Joe

Ok Joe, you will need to configure this ABB Robot Controller to create a connection or send an explicit request to the gateway. I am personally unsure how this is done, we do not have a knowledge base or example document for that type of controller.

Best regards,
Nick

Okay, so even though the LED indicating “Standby, not yet configured” is blinking I should still be able to connect to the gateway?

Joe

Yes, that does not mean the gateway is not configured but rather the Ethernet/IP configuration is not configured.

Best regards,
Nick

Topic closed due to inactivity.