AB7832 MS led flashing green. What to check?

Hello, I have a Micrologix 1400 acting as Profibus slave, so we have an AB7832 as gateway. My problem is on the Ethernet side. I get error d6: “Connection timed out by the network” on the PLC message instruction after every message attempt (sending or receiving), and MS and NS leds on the gateway are flashing green.

I have checked IP addresses are in the same subnet and that there are no duplicates on the network (actually, the ethernet network consists only of the PLC, the Anybus Gateway and an HMI). I have also checked the MSG instruction according to the Application Notes. But so far no luck. Any ideas please?

Hi @RantPan,

Has this device already been configured? It looks like the green flashing LED on the MS indicates that the unit has not been configured yet. The green flashing on the NS indicates that there’s no Ethernet/IP connections made yet.

Was this an already working device or was this a new setup?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Yes, I have configured the device and checked the IP on the Web Server. I am able to ping both devices, go online with the Micrologix, and enter the Web Server for the Anybus Gateway. So, not really sure why they don’t communicate.

This is a new setup.

Hi @RantPan,

Sorry for the delay on this, could you take a look at the monitor section of the device’s webpage and see what you’re getting for values in this? Or in the device diagnostics section does it seem to show any errors?

-Tim