AB7833-F Ethernet Conection Error

I had a Anybus, AB7833-B Conected to a Fanuc Robot With configurations as follow in picture:

I change to Anybus, AB7833-F reconfigured as EDS, but it dosent work at all, I cant even get a conection.

O EDS I am ussing is:
https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/firmware-software/hms-eds-abx-eips.zip?sfvrsn=8606abd6_14

If I go Back to model “B”… Connection Works. (I have Several AnyBus “B” and “F” models).

I can Reach both models with PING.

Thanks You Verry Much

Hello @ivan_mda ,
The -F device connection you have configured does not math the EDS file you share. The assemblies should be input 100 output 150 config 1, This should be the same as the -B version.

I would also verify the sizes are configured correctly you can upload the configuration using the Anybus configuration manager X-gateway. It can be downloaded from the devices support page. Anybus Files and Documentation

Hello.

I made the changes in the configuration… But still getting the same “Conection Error”.
I am attaching the hcg file of the “F” Device

Is there any Free Software where I can get a Computer EIP scan conection to the AnyBus, only to be sure it is working, and test the changes? Just because real application works 24x7 and inst verry dificult to Stop production to test and go back everything again to the “B” Device.

Anybus-f 20220414.hcg (4.0 KB)

I don’t know of a free software for a class 1 connection like this. You could use the Molex EIP tool to read the individual objects. But i dont think that would solve your problem, we should be able to determine the setup. The issue is making sure you device is configured correctly.

What is the error code you get with the connection error? This should tell us what is setup wrong.
Can you connect over USB to the gateway and upload the config with ACM x-gateway? This should tell you the IO sizes.

Hi Deryck, and, yes, I can conect over USB to the gateway with ACM x-gateway. I send the file I configure and download to the F-Device.
Making a Print now.

The error in FANUC Robot Displays “PRIO-358 Ethernet/IP FwdOpen Fail” It does not go even “ONLINE”

Set the input/output size in the scanner to 5(words). The size in ACM is in bytes, but like the the scanner is asking for words. Alternatively you could increase the sizes set in ACM to 20 bytes, giving you the 10 words on the scanner/robot.

I incresed via ACM in F-Device to 20 byte. Same result…

Can you get more details on the error message? From the last screen shot it looks like the forward open is failing, there should be a CIP error indicating why. A wireshark capture between the two devices might help?

Have you tried adding it as a generic device?

Hello Dreyck.

This was the result:

Scenery:

CNC-01: Anybus -B Type IP 192.168.0.3 (Working OK)
CNC-01: Anybus -B Type IP 192.168.0.4 (Working OK)
Fanuc Robot: IP 192.168.0.14
MyComputer: IP 192.168.0.110

CNC-01: Anybus -F Type IP 192.168.0.5 (Not Conecting)
CNC-01: Anybus -F Type IP 192.168.0.7 (Not Conecting)

On Frame 35: I Started the HMS IPConfig Tool (Just to see the ETH trafic) (Picture Attatc)
File: WireSharkLog (attatched)
[moved to staff note]

Notes:

• I can Get PING Result OK to All IPs from Fanuc Robot
  • As soon as started Scan in the Fanuc Robot I get the Ethernet Error (Picture Attatch)
  • All Anybus are sending the ARP Probe to Broadcast.

[moved to staff note]

Hi @ivan_mda,

This capture isn’t showing us the EIP/CIP traffic, are you mirroring the traffic from the two connected devices to the PC or capture device? The goal is to look at the EIP/CIP traffic from the scanner to see what connection it is making and what error message you are getting as a response.
Do you see any additional info besided “PRIO-358 Ethernet/IP FwdOpen Fail” ?
Were you able to add it as a generic device?

Good morning. PROBLEM SOLVED yesterday after 3 months and a lot of money spend we finally communicate the Fanuc Robot With the Okuma Machine.

The Problem was in the “Product Code” Value of the EDS Value 28 does NOT Work, Value 29 works perfect.

I see you change the EDS file in your site, so, when we try everything again yesterday, we notice that value have change, and work just fine.

It would be verry important you change the header of the EDS file, today, it has the same header as the old one, so it seams that nothing had change, and that is NOT true.

It´s ethic, Respectfully and honorable to recognize that there was an error on the EDS file, that have been fix on date X…

Best Regards.

Hello Ivan,

I agree changes should be reflected in the header and possibly the file name. I am not sure why this would not have been done.

Are you saying you downloaded the same file from the same page and one had the minor revision as 28 while the other 29? Can you share where you downloaded them from?

Exactly, same link all downloads I made.

The dates of Downloads I made you can see here:
All downloads have the value 28, Except the last one (9) that came with the Right one Number 29. But same file header.

Thanks I have forwarded this info to the Anybus team.