AB7956 Setup questions

Hi Deryck,

I have trouble getting AB7956 to communicate with QJ71GF11-T2.
Below these two pics are snapshots from QJ71GF11-T2.

And below is snapshot of project summary.

Kindly advise

Please kindly advise.

Hello @clementyap,

Unfortunately we do not have much experience with CClink.

I recommend taking a look at our CC-link user guide for details on the setup. Section 1.5 covers the Dip switches that are used for setting the node ID. Section 3.2 covers the Data representation for CC link. You should be able to use both of those to get the info needed to add the device to your CC-link Client.

Deryck

Hi, Deryck.

If one of the PLC is running ok on CC-Link IE Field side but the other PLC(etherNet/IP) is not working, will I be able to see the results on the project summary and Monitor Web page?

And i only have Control Logix PLC (FW Ver19) that RSLogix 5000 can support but there is EDS file that can support Studio 5000. So may I have ESD for RSLogix 5000?

And do you have any reference to program examples or help codes for RSLogix 500 for use with AB7956?

Clement

@clementyap,

The Monitor web page will still work even if the Ethernet/IP side is not connected to a PLC.

You can find the EDS along with other documentation of the Files and Documentation page on anybus.com.

We don’t have a dedicated manual for this device with studio 500 but I found one for the communicator. It should be the same setup process in Studio. You will just need to get the IO size from Anybus Configuration Studio for X gateway. Here is a link to that doc.

Deryck

Hi, Deryck.

Your quote - “Monitor web page will still work even…” meaning that I can see the results of the other side, ie CC-Link IE Field?

Yes, the monitoring page will show you the first 64 bytes of the in and output buffer.

Deryck

If the configurations listed above are correct, it looks like the inputs and outputs on the CC-Link IE Field side don’t match. 256 bits alone is 32 bytes and 256 words are 512 bytes, but you only allow for 32 bytes. The Anybus device only supports 512 bytes total. The confusing part about the IE Field side of the Anybus device is that the byte size you need to enter is for the entire network. In your case, it looks like it is just the one slave device, but if there were more than one, the Anybus configuration needs to have the IO data size for all of the IE Field slave devices. This took me way too long to figure out.

2 Likes