ABCC M40 Connection Issue in RS Logix 5000 - Code 16#0204

I’m trying to setup my connection between my PLC (CompactLogix 1769-L23E-QB1) and my Eth I/P CompactCom 40 module and I’m using the ABCC CompactCom 40 Ethernet/IP module imported from the EDS provided by HMS (rev 1.035). I have verified the IP address matches what I have defined in my host application and that the module is past the Setup and NW_Init states in the host application. My Module Status LED is blinking green approximately 500ms on and 500ms off. The Network Status LED is on solid green with the occasional very quick dip off and then back on.

When I’m online with my PLC I see the module has a yellow triangle with exclamation point and the status repeatedly goes from connecting to faulted. The connection tab shows “(Code 16#0204) Connection Request Error: Connection request timed out.”

Hi Kevin,

Can you send us a wireshark capture of when you try and connect to the M40 on RS Logix?

Tim,

I found that the custom IP wasn’t actually being written to the module. I fixed that and now I have an issue with the size of the data and I’m getting code 16#0127 Connection Request Error: Invalid Output Size. In the module configuration in RS Logix I have the input and output size set to 16 SINT which is what it was to start and what we intended on using. I’ve attached a screenshot from wireshark showing the exchange from the module to the PLC

199.5.83.10 is the module and 199.5.83.200 is the PLC

I have used the Anybus Communicator before and configuring the I/O size on those is so simple. I need to know how to do that on the CompactCom device in my host application

Hi Kevin,

Can you create a custom EDS file using the generator on our site instead of using the provided one.

https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/software/eds-file-generator.zip?sfvrsn=4dcbbcd6_14