ABCC40 configure IP Address through HMS IPconfig

Dear Support,

I have a running application(ABCC40 with EtherNet/IP) that communicates and exchanges data with EIPScan Software.

Currently I configured the network parameters (IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DHCP) using a command sequence.

Since I would like to configure the IP address from the EhterNet/IP network, I tried to disable the sequence to configure the network parameters (from my application) and I tried to find my ABCC40 using the HMS IPconfig tool.

Unfortunately, the software did not find any module but the EIPScanner starts cyclic data exchange with the ABCC40.
It seems that the ABCC is using the previous network configuration.

How can I set the IP address with HMS IPconfig? Should I modify something in my ABCC configuration?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best regards,
Federico

Dear Federico,

Actually the IPconfig tool from HMS should be able to find the module even if the module has no IP address assigned.
Can you confirm, that you could find the module in IPconfig tool before deactivating the command sequence to set the network parameters? Or was you never able to find the module in the tool?

Best regards
TareQ

Dear TareQ,

IPconfig cannot find my ABCC40.
I added IPconfig to my windows firewall but it cannot find the module.

I’m tring to reset the module to factory in order to start from a clean situation but I’m not able to reset the module.

I open this issue about how to reset the module to factory.
But did not get any response.

Before start to test IPconfig I would like to reset the module.

Best regards,
Federico

Hi TareQ,

I also verified that ETN_IA_ENABLE_HICP_ENABLE si enabled.

But nothig has changed.

Br,
Federico

Hi Federico,

You can use the command sequence to send the reset command to the module.

Which issue have you opened for the Reset topic? Could you send me a link or screenshot please to verify in our system?

Check also the setting of the IPconfig tool so be sure that the tool is using the right Ethernet Card.

Best regards
TareQ

Dear TareQ,

yes I’m trying to use the sequence command to reset the module but I don’t know how to access to the Object 0x05 (reset).

Which function should I use from below:

• ABCC_SetByteAttribute
  • ABCC_GetAttribute

And which are the parameter to be used?

Regarding IPconfig, the ethernet card is the right one because EtherNet/IP scanner can exchange cyclic data with ABCC module.

Thanks in advance fro your time.

BR,
Federico

Hi Federico,

Please read the description of the Reset command in our documentation carefully to get more details about using this command.

Best regards
TareQ