ablsrv-CIP Error Code in Reply: (30)

I took a backup of an eWon that has always worked in all previous versions of firmware and loaded it into a Flexy 205 with firmware 12.2s1, and none of my tags are being read. All the tags have the above message in the error log.

The PLC in question is talking to all other devices with no communication issues, and the IO Server setup looks correct.

Is there some new setting that I’m missing? I can’t find any reason why the tags shouldn’t be working just fine.

Hi Mitchell

It looks like this error code is saying that the eWON tried to read a tag that doesn’t exist in the PLC.

Try and activate the Disable Tags in Error feature on the device under the IO Server Config page and then under the Global Config page in Advanced Parameters.

This can help you identify which tag is causing the issue to come up.

Let me know if this helps at all.
-Tim

1 Like

We had 20 tags out of nearly 400 which were not required on our new system, so they were undefined in the PLC.

What was confusing is that even a SINGLE TAG is not defined, you get this message on every single tag in the tag list. So, the first several pages of tags (which were all valid tags) all showed the fault message, and led us to believe it was not a tag issue.

Once we activated the “Disable Tags in Error” feature and corrected the 20 bad tags, all the false error messages also went away.

Hi Mitchell,

yeah, unfortunately when there are a few error messages it seems to affect all of them unless the disable tags in error feature is activated. Did this fix all the error messages on your end?

Yes… thank you for your help!

Welcome!

This worked for me as well. Fighting me all day. Just one bad tag shuts down the world.