Access without eCatcher

Issue with client’s IT group. They will not allow eCatcher to be installed on any of the office / engineering computers. Is there anyway (e.g. web browser) to log into an eWON account other than using e Catcher? This is becoming a critical issue for retrieving data for our client.

you could try either eCatcher mobile or m2Web

https://m2web.talk2m.com/

That’s it!!! Thank You!!!
Not sure why I could not find this earlier.

Welcome! :grinning:

Tim,

Thanks for the previous response. I am moving forward! But still at a wall.

On our client’s eWON, through eCatcher, I have configured an AB PV+ that is running View Point. None of the View Point screens have security selected as these screens are display only (no control, PB, etc.).

The HMI does show up on both eCatcher & M2Web after login. In eCatcher, clicking on the “MainHMI1” button takes one directly to the View Point screens, works great! But in M2Web, I get a login screen with FTVP in the account field. Not filling in any info in Username & Password just brings up red ! symbols. Nothing entered could be valid, as there is not any security for View Point.

Can you try eCatcher Mobile on your phone and see if it responds on that? I know that there’s still some compatibility issues with m2web right now that are being worked on, but it may work on the phone version

Good Morning Tim,

Yes, it does work correctly from my phone. The resolution is a bit weird though. I’ll have to modify the View Point screen.

I’ll propose this to the plant engineer and production clerk. I suspect they will be ok with it as an interm solution, but not long term, as vacations, weekends, and other times there is a fill in for the clerk, the data will not be available.

Any more thoughts on M2Web solutions?

Regards,
Bruce Reinhold

Hi Bruce,

Do you know if this was done in HTML5?

As of right now we don’t have a timeline for when that update for m2web will be done. Unfortunately the only way to access the device as of right now would need to either be eCatcher or eCatcher Mobile.