Accessing Flexy Tags

Hey Tim,
New question. I am adding a Cognex camera to the machine for defect detection. There is an add-on for the camera to be able to establish communication to the PLC and eventually I would be able to access tags in the PLC assigned to the camera with the Flexy. My question is, if in the meantime i wanted to access “tags” in the camera directly, how would I go about doing that? It may be a while before this gets integrated into the PLC program but Id like to monitor some information like pass/fail conditions in the meantime. I can also trigger an FTP file transfer of the image through the camera to start collecting defect images. I know when I access tags in the PLC, I choose ABLogix and then assign a variable in the Flexy to the tag in the PLC. What would be the protocol I would use for the camera? I didn’t know whether this was a Cognex question or eWon question. I dont know if you’re familiar with Cognex or if they’re familiar with you guys. Let me know. Thanks

Tom

Tom

Hi Tom,

If the camera is using ABlogix, I’d first go into the IO server -> Ablogix, and make sure all of the settings are correct for the device.

After that try just picking a register to read by setting up a Tag

I doubt the camera is using ABlogix. I was just saying that’s what I’ve been choosing because I’ve been talking to an Allen Bradley plc. That’s what I’m trying to determine. How do I know what if anything on the list I should pick? Is that something I have to determine from the camera end first?

Hi Thomas,

Is there a number I can reach you at to try and get a better idea about this?

Hello,

Just wanted to see if this was still an issue or if I can close this ticket,

Thanks,
-Tim

You can close the ticket. Thanks

Hey Tim,

I have been receiving emails that my basic program only send out on power up. The plant says the machine are fine so something must be going on with the talk2m network. Ive been receiving these emails about every 3 minutes for a few hours. Tried connecting to them and I cant connect to either one to even be able to shut it off. Ive received over 90 emails since 5am… Whats going on? Let me know. Thanks
Tom

Hey Tom,

Sorry about that we’re experiencing a little bit of an outage right now but we’re looking into it. We have this banner up right now and we’re trying to get it fixed as soon as possible
They’re also putting updates here:
https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/talk2m-status

I get that there is an issue with connecting to the eWon but what I dont understand is the over 200 emails I’ve received since this morning which only gets sent when the program restarts. Is the program actually restarting or is the email just getting sent over and over by the server?

Hello Thomas,

We are experiencing issues with our Talk2m servers. Currently, they are down for maintainence and are scheduled to be restored around 3PM EST.

The issue you are experiencing is that the device may be rebooting due to the unstable VPN connection. Once, the device reboots the email is resent.

To eliminate the emails sending, I advise disabling internet connection until the talk2m servers are restored. You can monitor the Server status at the link below:

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/talk2m-status