Add eWon to eCatcher account

Hi,
I have a eWon installed at a customer site that is currently accessed through an eCatcher account using my company email address. We’ve now now created a new eCatcher account for all of our engineers to use so that we are all using a single account (i.e. via a support email account). How can I add an eWon that is already in the field to this new account?
Thanks
Robert

@rwflower

You can add this to your new eCatcher account remotely but I do want to let you know of the risk. If it’s not done correctly or if there’s a connection issue, you run the risk of putting your device offline which would require local access to fix.

How to transfer the eWON to a new eCatcher account remotely:

To add the eWON to your new account, you’ll need to connect to it through eCatcher with the eCatcher account that still has it online and then go to its interface and navigate to the Talk2M wizard (Settings / Talk2M tab)

In the talk2M wizard, you will have to choose ‘Register with eWON Name’ as your method.

From here, you’ll put in your new eCatcher account credentials and the new name you’d like for your eWON device (the wizard will automatically create this device name in your new eCatcher account).

Once the Talk2M wizard completes, you will immediately be disconnected from your eWON device because it’s now online in your new eCatcher account.

So, an eWON Cosy can only be active in 1 account at a time? i.e. I can’t have it in the original account using my email address AND in the new service account we created

@rwflower

That is correct. An eWON can only be in 1 eCatcher account at a time.
The service account admin can add you as a user or an admin on their account.

Well, that kind of worked. After I did the Register with eWON Name it did disconnect. When I logged into the new service account it shows the eWON there and lists it as “Auto created” with the time stamp. However, it shows the eWON offline. Why would it have went offline and what do I need to do to get it back online?
Thanks

@rwflower

Is it a cellular WAN connection?

If the eWON is using an ethernet or wifi WAN then it’s possible the company network it’s using may be restricting traffic to it’s new VPN server (VPN servers are based on eCatcher account)

No it is not cellular. It is a permanent WAN connection at the customer site.

Thank You,

@rwflower

Would it be possible for us to have a phone call?
You can private message me your phone number.

Update:

Device is China and needs to connect to Chinese VPN server only.

I turned on our smart location feature so it uses the Chinese VPN server but it’s still offline. It may require a power cycle locally to refresh.

Need local access to continue troubleshooting.

Hi Joe,
In a couple weeks I am going to have a technician going to China and this site. I plan to purchase another eWON and configure it to send with him just in case a power cycle on the existing one does not get it back online. My question is…
When setting up/configuring an eWON Cosy 131 how do I specify that it needs to use a Chinese VPN server if I am setting it up here in the USA? Or should it automatically selecting the China Server when it’s installed and connected in China?

Additionally, are there any known connectivity issues with eWON Cosy 131 VPN access in China? We’ve heard that the Chinese government highly regulates the use of VPN in China and just curious if this is an issue for eWON and how it’s handled if it’s not an issue.

Thanks!

@rwflower

To get the eWON to work in China, it must use our VPN server in China. You will not be able to explicitly tell the eWON which VPN server to use but if you go through the setup wizards in China (Talk2M wizard specifically), it will automatically choose the VPN server in China.

There are no known issues with using an eWON cosy 131 for VPN access in China. We specifically have a VPN server in China to negate any issues with China’s firewall.

A post was split to a new topic: Sending Cosy 131 to China