Allen-Bradley control of POWERLINK drives through Anybus X-Gateway

I am in a situation where I have approximately 20 POWERLINK drives currently being controlled by an industrial PC… I would like to put that control back into a PLC where it is more robust from a hardware/maintenance perspective. The drives are ACOPOSmulti from B&R Industrial Automation.

I came across:
https://www.anybus.com/products/gateway-index/anybus-xgateway/detail/anybus-x-gateway—ethernet-ip-scanner—powerlink-device

I am looking for any information on what the controls look like through this gateway. I am not familiar with POWERLINK, but I have used converters many times. I am not looking on a tutorial for POWERLINK, but more guidance on whether or not this converter will allow me to control on the other side. Some converters have mappings, some use files. I really just need anything that would help us decide whether or not to even pursue this path.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Andrew,

This gateway is a Powerlink CN/slave (controlled node) it is designed for other device to request data from it. I do not think this would allow you to control the powerlink drives. You could use to exchange data with master device on the network that controls the drives.

Deryck

That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for the prompt response!