Ambient temp display

I have recently installed 3 of these units AC Cloud Control. to control our Fujitsu Halcyon system. The INTESIS controllers are set as slave to master wired remote controller on the walls of each of our bedrooms. The wired remote is set to sense and respond to temperature at the remote and not at the duct which is in the attic and with a completely different temp. I see no display of any temp on my AC Cloud Intesis app. For each system it just shows --.-*F. is there a way to fix this and have the temp on the wired remote also show up on the slave (i.e. the App on my phone)?

What is the product code of the Intesis unit? Different Intesis units use various methods to acquire the ambient temperature.

Hi Kevin…sorry for delayed response. The product code for the INTESIS units is INWFIFGL001R0XX.

Kevin, any thoughts?

Hello,

THe Ambient temperature must be setup with the AC unit as highlighted below:

I would check the last section of the document to walk you through the process.

I’m having the same problem, I’m getting no ambient temperature reading with the same setup as you with either the AC Cloud (IntesisHome) or Home Automation (IntesisBox) interfaces. Following this thread in case you figure this one out!

Hello,

What is the Product Number of your Intesis Unit?

I’m using the INWMPFGL001R000 IntesisBox – I did get the issue resolved late last night, though. It turns out I had a slightly different model of wired Fujitsu remote than depicted in your manual and there was an additional setting that needed to be changed on it, in order for the A/C unit to use the remote’s temperature sensor instead of its internal sensor.

Kevin, I have a wired remote controller as well as the Intesis wired onto each unit. The system is set up to take temperature at the wired remote controller which is within the rooms (while the rest of the system /ducts are in the attic above the room where the temperature does not at all reflect the room temperature). The Dip switches are set up as wired RC serving as primary and Intesis as slave. I still can’t get any temp to show up on my iphone app. What do I need to do to correct this?

Hello,

The Intesis unit is only recieving the values from the RC. The RC is responsible for assigning the ambient temperature to the Intesis Unit. It could be an issue as the RC isn’t set up correcty, or the Temp sensor is not functioning.

The Intesis unit does not have a temp sensor to get the Ambient Temp on it.

Kevin, I have done what I can on my end and I am aware that the Intesis units themselves do not have a temperature sensor. Even if they did, that would not be the temperature I would want to use because they are up in the attic above the rooms the units provide AC to (and the temp in the attic is many degrees higher than the rooms because it gets hit with the sun). Clearly there is a problem and it sounds like you do not necessarily have a specific solution…(e.g. I’ve seen this before and the problem was xx and xx). I am in a situation where everything works except the display of the temperature from the wired remote controller on my INTESIS app…so I don’t think my set up is off by much…possibly a dip switch? Should the intesis unit be the master and the RC be the slave? Other thoughts?

The temperature sensor on the RC unit is functioning fine. The temperature displayed is correct…it is just not transferring that number to the INTESIS unit or the unit is not sending the info to the App

taivlaca,

Sorry for the delay in reply, I just saw your question.

I’m using an UTY-RVNUM remote – on that particular model, after changing Function 42 from 0 to 1 in the maintenance menu (as seen in Section 10 on Page EN-8 here https://hvacdirect.com/hvac/pdf/uty-rvnum-installation-manual.pdf), I had to power cycle the remote (by disconnecting and then reconnecting it from the HVAC system) before the R.C. sensor control setting (as described in section 5-5 on Page EN-21 here https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/manuals/fujitsu-364d23a273f35f57587eb76ce5180a5f.pdf) would appear.

Once the R.C. sensor control setting showed up, I turned it on and my IntesisBox started getting a temperature reading from the air conditioner.

However, it’s worth noting that I’m using the WMP-series IntesisBOX (for home automation system integration) - not the WFI series IntesisHOME that it sounds like you’re using – and I also may be using a wired different remote than you are… so I’m not sure if my fix will apply in your situation!

doctor, thank you for your detailed response. You are correct, the units are too different for me to receive any helpful hints for my problem.

Kevin_hms I am confused with your suggestion. Below is the information on the dip switches from the HMS installation manual for this unit (top of page 4 out of 5), and it suggests that my dip switches should be LLHH (L= down low and high = up high). the first one should be low because my wired RC is the master. Why are you suggesting it be high? According to HMS instructions, this would flip it to the INTESIS unit being the master and the wired RC the slave.

Installation Sheet
INWFIFGL001R0XX

Switches

1 2 3 4 Description
1 X X X Master – Fujitsu Controller not needed in BWR bus. If it exists, it must be configured as Slave
0 X X X Slave - A Fujitsu Controller must be present in BWR bus, configured as Master (Default value)
X 1 X X Machine type: RAC inverter, RAC non-inverter, VRF V, VRF S or VRF J
X 0 X X Machine type: RAC inverter model G series, VRF J-II, VRF V-II or VRF VR-II 10 (Default value)
X X 1 X High Performance Mode (Default value)
X X 0 X Low Power Mode
X X X 1 Max WIFI power (Default value)
X X X 0 WIFI power is limited

Hello,

You are correct. It should be set as LLHH.

If the Remote is set as master, you will need to reach out to the Manufacturer on how to enable the Temp sensor on the remote.

Fujitsu UTY-RVNUM Wired Remote Controller is the RC I have.

You will need to ask Fujitsu how to enable to the sensor as the primary temperature display and reading.

Kevin, sorry for not fully understanding. The temperature is displayed on the Fujitsu RC which is the master and the temperature displayed is the temperature from the probe on the RC (not the temp probe in the attic). So I do have the temperature working on the RC – that specific temperature is not being sent to the INTESIS device (and thereafter to the app on my smartphone). So, the RC says 73 degrees but the app says. “–.-”. To me this suggests the problem is the INTESIS unit, not the RC but maybe I am wrong about this.

Hello,

As stated previously, the Intesis Unit is the slave. It requires the that RC provide the ambient temp value to the Intesis Unit. As outline in chapter 5 of the installation manual.

5 Ambient Temperature
In order to obtain the ambient temperature please set the AC unit to provide it as follows.
• Connect the AC Cloud Control device to the AC unit with a Standard Remote Controller present and the room
sensor on the Remote Controller activated.
• Detailed information on how to set up this in the Remote Controller can be found in the following extract from
the Fujitsu remote controller manual

The Remote must be set up to provide this information to the Intesis unit. YOu will need to reach out to Fujitsu for the directions to set up the remote to enable this value to be sent to connected devices.