Amtek review of eWon settings

Hi TS team,

I had a meeting with this customer and they complained that they have been experiencing unreliable connections to some of their ewons. I asked them to send me a back up file to see if we can pinpoint any issues they may be experiencing.
Can someone take a look at their attached backup file and let me or the customer know if there is anything that needs to be changed in their configuration or if you can see anything that may be causing an unreliable connection.

Thank you!

Hi Lisa,

There seems to be quite a few unknown power loss reports in the error log. Was the device having stability issues with being online before or is this a new issue? It also looked like it may have been having some DNS lookup issues, can you have them change one of their DNS settings to 8.8.8.8?

Hi Tim,

Ok found out that they were cycling power to that power cabinet, but also learned that one was a new install. They since have sent me a backup of the machine they are really having an issue, see his comment below and the copy of the problematic
ewon.

“We are however having issues with connecting with the PLC of a customer in Russia. The issue is once we have connected to the eWon and have begun the process of going online with the Allen Bradley PLC the process gets stuck. We are able
to see the PLC in both eChatcher, RSlinxs, and even inside the project but are unable to open any subroutines or ladder logic. We have made sure that the customer is not using the extra ports on the eWon as an additional ethernet switch. The only connections
it has is to the internet and the processor. We are wondering if by looking at the backup file from the eWon if you could help us narrow down the issue with this connection? I have included a copy of the files with this email.”

Hey Lisa, can you try and have them set their device to use TCP instead of UDP and see if that fixes their issue?

Can this be done remotely I’ve tried to change my demo by going into, communication settings>global and when I try to update my ewon reboots automatically but the changes do not go into effect. Is there another way to change this setting?

image001.png

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Hi Lisa,

Try rerunning the Talk2m wizard and clicking trhe advance option box then select “Force TCP”.