Anybus 7808 Profibus (Master) Modbus RTU (Slave)

Hello,

For the RS232 side, can you start at the slowest speed and then we can begin working up on the speed.

I would set it at the lowest baud rate. Also, when using the None Parity ensure you are using 2 Stop bits in the communication.

First updated the stop bits then test the RS232 communication.

Are you respecting the pin out when you switch to RS232? It is completely different:

Kevin,

I changed the stop bit, however the result is the same. I tried what you asked and the result is shown below. Can this be a firmware problem?

Thanks

the connections i used for the RS232 are shown below. however i swapped the wires TX and RX on one cable and i tried with with different cables and did not worked.

Hello,

I would try a firmware update.

Are you not getting any communicating now?

The only communication i have is on RS485 @ 4800bps and 9600bps. at these baudrates the unit works perfectly.

Please, could you send me the firmware. I couldn’t find it on your site.

Thanks

Hello,

I don’t think we have any updated firmware files for that unit. Do you happen to have a different unit to test? I would like to make sure if this issue is localized to the Anybus Module.

I was able to get my hands and continue testing this unit.

It seems odd that two of the units are experiencing the same issue with this. The unit supports the listed speeds.

Can you try using standalone RS232 and RS485 cable?

I tested two units, and both have the same problem. Do you want me to return them? and how fast can you send me new ones?

Not sure what you are asking me.
1.- I have a DB9 to DB9 for the RS232,

• I checked the cable with a multimeter and also using hiperterminal (putty) to check the laptop this worked fine.
  • With this cable i used the pins 2,3,5 and regardless the connection of pins 2&3 (i swapped this two) the communication didn’t work.

2.- I have another cable (specific for communication RS485), where the DB9 for the anybus and free wires to connect to the RS485 to RS232 converter.

I also tested the RS485 to RS232 converter alone at 38.4kbps using two laptops and it worked fine.
So in this part, we already know that the communication worked up to 9.6kbps, the difference between this and the 38.4kbps is the dip switches. the laptop worked, the converter worked and the cables worked at 38.4kbps when a test them by separate.

So, it seems that what you are asking i already did it.

Let me know thanks

Hello,

Any news on this?

Thanks

Marcelo Vega

Issue with Converter

What do you mean issue with converter? The Anybus module doesn’t need a converter when the is configured as RS232. So the problem still in the module anybus it self.

The RS232/485 converter works perfectly at any speed. So please explain.

I ran some tests on this unit type the speeds worked on all levels. I have verified speeds that work with this unit type.

I would advise that you reach out ot the distributor to see if you can get a replacement for these units.

I have not been able replicate the issue. I would try to get the replacement and test again.