ANYBUS AB7078 - Wrong identification in HWConfig Siemens

Hi,
I have trouble with connection Module ANYBUS AB7078 with HWconfig from Siemens.
I used right GSD file downloaded from web sites “GSDML-V2.32-HMS-ABC_PROFINET_IRT2-20161031.xml”

And my devices still blinking LED1 RED.
Device is disconnected because in HWconfig is difference between configured and readed module:

I use SIMATIC Manager version 5.6 HF1 and CPU is 416-3 PN/DP.

Thank you for support.

Petr Reznicek

Hello @Perna81,

The error you shared indicated you have an AB7076 not an AB7078. I am not familiar with the AB7076 but looking it up in our system indicates it is an obsolete Anybus Communicator PROFINET IRT that has not been in production since 2017. I have not been able to find any EDS for the ab7076, I am checking with my colleagues to see if we have one available.

From the image it looks like you have additional communicators on the bus. Are these the same model? Could you have this AB7076 by mistake?

Deryck

Hello,
other communicators on the bus are different (PROFINET IO)

About my situation - really we use modules AB7078-B but in the HWconfig they are identificated like AB7076. Two of them communicates with Simatic and also id like AB7076, but again has problem with subnetwork (maybe wrong RFID RS232 readers). All use same configuration and same hardware.

Meantime I tested this 3 groupings:
ANYBUS AB7078-B, SN: 0002F913 - NOK PROFINET, OK READER
ANYBUS AB7078-B, SN: 0002D297 - OK PROFINET, NOK READER
ANYBUS AB7078-B, SN: 0002DD32 - OK PROFINET, NOK READER

What is module AB7076? I can´t find him on HMS websites…

Thank you

@Perna81,

From what I could find on AB7076’s they were an different model that has been discontinued.

Are you having an issue with the serial side on some too? Where are you getting the configurations from? Is the one showing up as an AB7076 one of the serial numbers you list?

What I think could be happening is you are downloading a configuration with the mailboxes configured for the AB7076 rather then an AB7078. If this is the case you can reset the fieldbus type by re-selecting it or right clicking on “Fieldbus” on the left then restoring the mailbox.

Hi,
we solved this problem. On the communicator wasn’t set PROFINET device name.

Radek