Anybus ABX-EMBS-PDPS AB7634-B

Hello , I have an old version of AB7634-B with Modbus TCP and Profibus Slave but right now the info that is passing between this gateway is offline and returns occasionally. This is critic and the equipment has the LEDS NS MS and ACT linkin but i dont have the Manual.

Thanks a lot i ll apreciate your suggestions.

Hello,

The manuals for legacy gateways can be found here,

https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/other-files/hms-scd-1204-204.zip?sfvrsn=9977b4d6_4

I am not sure I fully understand your problem description. So the PROFIBUS side offline light will go red sometimes and you will lose data? What color are those LEDs blinking?

Best regards,
Nick

Hello,

my case is the intermittence of the communication, when I lost the data the gateway is showing this indications:
In Ethernet Side i have Link and gateway status green but MS NS and ACT are blinking green
In Profibus Slave Side Gateway Status and Online green

It takes like 4 hours or more to restart the communication itself

Thanks again

Hello,

This indicates that there is a problem with the Ethernet/IP connection. Does the PLC report a fault? If so, what fault?

Best regards,
Nick

Hi, the fault in the side of control is refering a node point alarm but is not clear for me.

In case of Ethernet/IP connection could be a switch or physical problems?

Hello,

Would you be able to take a screen shot of the error in Studio? The error being reported back might give some indication of what is going on with the gateway.

A flashing MS light would typically occur when the device is not yet configured. This could be an indication that the module is starting to fail.

I wanted to follow up on this, it does appear like there is some connection issue to the PLC. If you have a more specific fault please let us know. Thanks!

Best regards,
Nick

I cant access right now to the PLC because is running critical process but the anybus is connected to a swich before the PLC, this switch when I lost the communication is showing good state. This issue is strange cause the equipment returns itself but is not good for me that hours when is missing information share between DCS.