Anybus Communicator

Dealing with a Lonworks to Modbus-RTU Slave Article # AB7009-B Serial# 0002F013, CB V.2.21 Have a couple of issues. The led’s 4 an6 are green and LED 5 is red when it is connected or disconnected from the module it is to be communicating. This was a OEM provided product that was prewired and installed.

Second issue is we are connecting the Lon to a Trane Building mgt system. We got it configured and online when we scan the link for the neuron ID with the Trane Rover hardware tool. But when you select the device it crashes the Rover program. So tried to install the NeuronID into the Trane Building control panel as the process is ocurring it causes the BCU to crash. We are not getting any support from the OEM vendor PoolPak so need mfg assistance.

Hello @craig2020,

If LED 4&6 are green the module is running without errors. Led 6 being red is telling you there are issues on the modbus RTU side. This could be anything from serial settings do not match, the wiring is damaged or the nodes/transaction in the configuration are not configured correctly. If the OEM did the installation i would recommend checking with them.

I don’t see any previous issue with Trane and could not find any info on how their setup is done. The only think I can think of would be to get the config from the OEM and download it again. The download tool is available on the files and docs page for the ab7009 along with an application note.

Deryck