Anybus CompactCom M40 ModbusTCP - SPI communication between host and module get stuck at ABP_ANB_STATE_SETUP

Hi @zorakon,

It looks like I uploaded the wrong capture then I had intended. Here is one with a higher sampling rate. ABCC_Modbustcp_SPI_startup.logicdata (1.1 MB)

Firmware is not readily available online different markets handle firmware differently. I recommend either checking with the sales manager you work with or request it though mysupport.hms.se though a case there they should be able to verify a few things and provide the firmware.

Deryck

Hello @deryck_hms,

I had today the time to compile and try the windows-application with the spi-transport-provider. It worked! So the module should be ok I think.

Best regards
zorakon

Hello @deryck_hms

I have really good news: After I never reached the state, that just only one transmission between the host and the M40 worked, I today have successfully achieved some correct transmissions.

What I did: I just checked every wiring of the hardware again. During this procedure I recognized a “watchdog recovered” for the first time since start of the project. I have made some further analytics and found out that you were the hole time right. It is a hardware issue. It should be a problem with one of the contacts I guess. Further analytics will follow.

But I have one question which will give my theory more strength: If the anybus compactcom M40 received just one unexpected bit`(for example in one of the first bytes), does he instantly tries to answer “trash”, just to make sure that the crc (which will come later) at the host will be trash to initiate a retransmission? That would explain the “interesting data” on the MISO-line every transmission.

Best regards
zorakon

Hello,

Glad to hear you have it working! Yes if there is an error detected the compact com will retransmit right away.

Problem solved.

It was a problem with the contact of the Chip-Select of the module. This problem was not visible in the capture of the logic analyzer that was the reason why everything “seemed” to be perfect.

Thank you very much for all your help and the very helpful tools for debugging a example application between a host and a M40 module.

Great! Thanks for following up its always good to know exactly what was the issue.

Deryck