Anybus DeviceNET Scanner and Ethernet/IP Adapter X-Gateway

@kyle_HMS

1. Now PLC says “module mismatch”.
  2. Can this work with old RSLogix5000 Version 19 on an old Allen Bradley 1768 processor?
  3. I used the “generic ethernet module” per Anybus procedure hms-scm-1202-058.pdf.
  4. Then MS and NS leds just flash green slowly and PLC module status says “module mismatch”.
  5. Here is the mapping, 35 input DNet scanner, 27 output DNet.

1. But it does not connect.
  2. I loaded the EDS but this old version of RSLogix5000 can’t see it.
  3. RSLinx can see it fine using the new EDS file from Anybus website.
  4. If I use the new Studio5000 version 31 I can add the module using the EDS file and I looks fine but note **** I have not tried to connect using the new PLC processor yet.
  5. Trying to confirm if I have it setup right and will try using new PLC with Studio5000 version 31 Tuesday.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi @Michael,

1. It’s probably a mismatch because of the odd number of bytes. Can you try to make that 36/28? The addressing is based on registers and can’t address a half register.
  2. This should work with RSLogix V19 but you may have to use generic IO module if it doesn’t recognize the EDS.

Kyle

@kyle_HMS

1. We tried 36/28, same issue, module mismatch and won’t connect.

1. This was on RSLogix5000 version 19 and old 1768 CPU with ENBT ethernet bridge.

2. We also saw that when we powered up the system and used the web service to check the status of the gateway that the DeviceNet scanner was in a status of “Node no yet initialised”. (it is set to address 0), but seems to be okay and scanning? Should we be concerned about this?

1. We used the ACM Dnet setup tool and went online and put the scanner in idle and downloaded then scan list and then put it back in run and it then the status shows “Okay…”.

1. Back the Ethernet/IP side, we do see the Anybus okay in RSLinx.

1. We can open up the module properties of the Anybus fine in RSLinx,

1. But when we add it using the generic ethernet module in RSLogix5000 version 19 and try to connect we see this.

1. Note that the “Reset module” function from this module properties dialog inside of RSLogix5000 version 19 being online with the PLC works fine, this explicit message can work okay.

2. Basically we have tried many variations of settings and it won’t come online.

3. We will try to migrate to the new Studio5000 version 31 processor and see, this one we can add the Anybus using the EDS, we will try.

Thanks,
Michael

That serial number can’t be right. What is the serial number that is printed on the device?

This is the EDS file you need to use:

005A000C004B0300.EDS (15.4 KB)

If you can’t use the EDS use a Generic IO device.

@kyle_HMS

1. SN: A03DD695

1. I can uninstall the existing EDS and try “generic ethernet module”

2. I can also install the new EDS you just sent, although I think if we do generic we do not need any EDS at all.

3. Kyle, any feedback on the first part of my last post about the DNET scanner not being “initialised” when using Chrome to connect and monitor? Is it actually okay?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi @Michael,

You don’t need the EDS if you use a generic module.

I wouldn’t be concerned about the “node not yet initialised” status as there are many reasons why the web page might have shown that and when you went online with NetTool and put in run mode it changed to OK. It does not necessarily mean there is a problem.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.