Anybus Ethernet IP Issue

See attached Anybus X Configuration

ICA_2019.hcg (4.02 KB)

Talked on phone for over an hour. He is connecting to a Mitsubishi EIP4CCPU (http://www.iccdesigns.com/products/software/eip4ccpu/documents/EIP4CCPU%20User's%20Manual.pdf) and has 3 AB7833s. He has done this exact setup before without issue, but this time every 2 mins NS goes blinking red (timeout) and it drops comms.

We tried using control/status word in ABCM and tried adjusting the RPI in PLC from 10 to 32 to 100. Tried just using one gateway. Always has the same result. Couldn’t find anything to change using web, telnet, or FTP.

Kyle,

It looks like this anybus-x possibly has a newer version of firmware.

I received this information from the PLC manufacturer:

“Newer EtherNet/IP devices (or firmware) may shutdown the EtherNet/IP TCP connection after 2 minutes. This is a new behavior defined by the EtherNet/IP specification. The EIP4CCPU V1.126 will allow the EtherNet/IP connection to persevere even after the EtherNet/IP TCP connection has been shutdown. According to the log you had attached, the problem is isolated to only the Okuma Anybus adapters. It’s possible that Okuma Anybus adapters have had recent firmware updates.”

I updated the firmware on our PLC as requested and it took care of the problem.

I still don’t quite understand what’s going on, but the problem is resolved for now.

Thanks for your help yesterday!