Anybus Gateway Profinet to TCP Modbus

I have an Anybus Gateway (Anybus Article Number: AB7650-F) connected to a profinet network on one side (PLC CPU 317F-3PN/DP). The profinet side is suppose to provide the following data:

Output 1024 (4 Bytes/DINT) --> Number of parts cut (in total) (example on your side Input 0)

Output 1028 (4 Bytes/DINT) --> Target quantity (example on your side Input 4)

Output 1032 (4 Bytes/DINT) --> Actual quantity (example on your side Input 8)

Output 1036 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> part length (example on your side Input 12)

Output 1040 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> part length measurment (example on your side Input 16)

Output 1044 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> measurment values circular runout Nr.1 (example on your side Input 20)

Output 1048 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> measurment values circular runout Nr.2 (example on your side Input 24)

Output 1052 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> measurment values circular runout Nr.3 (example on your side Input 28)

Output 1056 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> tollerance circular runout Nr.1 (example on your side Input 32)

Output 1060 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> tollerance circular runout Nr.2 (example on your side Input 36)

Output 1064 (4 Bytes/REAL) --> tollerance circular runout Nr.3 (example on your side Input 40)

The Anybus device is suppose to convert the data to TCP-Modbus.

The PLC registers on the profinet side show the following data:

When I connect to the TCP-Modbus side and read the holding registers I am getting the following data:

Everything after 8 bits is showing zero so I’m not getting enough data. Can someone help me make sense of this? I would be willing to hire someone to help me remotely for a couple hours.

Also…here is a picture of the Anywhere device.

I can be reached at bgreer5050@gmail.com

Hello @bgreer5050,

It looks like you might need to check the endianness of the data any make sure the the data is aligned correctly.

Deryck