Anybus Gateway X AB7665 device not detected on BW

I am utilizing a null modem with a keyspan db9 to usb connector (usa-19hs). I have installed the driver for the usa-19hs adapter. However I am unable to detect/connect to the Anybus with the BWConfig tool. The Anybus does have power applied to it. Any help on understanding why it is not being detected would be appreciated.

Adapter and driver software used: Model Number usa19hs | Eaton

Hi Paul,

What version of Windows are you using?

Which version of BWConfig?

What error messages are you getting? Can you share a screen shot?

I am running Windows 10 Pro
BWconfig revision 1.22 Date March 25,2015

When I scan for a connection it is not detected. I haven’t received any error messages.

What do you see in Windows Device Manager under COM Ports?

Does it show a COM number by your device?

It shows that it is connected to COM 7. Please see the attached photo.
coms

I will have to test it here, but I have to get the device so it may not be until tomorrow.

We have seen some issues with the newer USB drivers in Windows 10 & 11. Have you tried power cycling the gateway or disconnecting / reconnecting the USB port?

Do you have an older Windows 7 or 8 PC that you could test it with?

I have power cycled the gateway and tried different usb ports and laptops, but it has not worked. I did check the anybus supply power, and it measured 23.75Volts.

I just used a windows 7 pc and the appropriate driver for windows 7, but it still did not connect. I am using a null modem male/male adapter which connects to a db9 female on both ends, which then connects to the usa-19hs male db9 adapter to usb. Could the intermediate db9 cable be causing issues?

I checked the db9 cable on a separate application, and it appears to be working fine.

I would verify the pinout and continuity with the cable with and without your null modem. Making sure pins 2 and 3 are swapped. I have seen some serial cables also serve as null modems, swapping the rx and tx.

Thank you for the suggestion. I verified that I have continuity in the serial cable. It is not a null modem cable.

Any other troubleshooting advice or things to try? How can I verify the anybus is working properly?

We have had customers report issues with connecting to this device using BWConfig on Windows 10 &11 PCs, however, we have been unable to reproduce the issues so we don’t know for sure what’s causing it. Most customers have ended up using a Windows 7 or 8 PC or Virtual Machine to configure the device.

Can you print the information about the PC and OS from ‘Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information’ and send that to us?

Also, can you create a support case at support.hms-networks.com so we can escalate it to the appropriate business unit?

Kyle,
I have emailed the information to support@hms.how. Please let me know if you received it. I will create a support case right now. Thanks!

Hi @paul1,

I’m sorry, but we no longer monitor that email address. All cases should be created through our ticketing system.

Thank you!

Kyle

Understood. I have attached it the system information to the support ticket

Thanks Paul. I will have the product engineers take a look at it. We are somewhat limited with this device because the software was created by Pyramid, not HMS, but perhaps there is some kind of fix or workaround that can be implemented.