Anybus IP for Xilinx: How can I change the IP address without restarting the driver?

Hi,

I’m using Anybus IP for Xilinx and I’m trying to assign the IP address from within my Linux application/driver. However I’m currently unable to make the new address active without restarting the driver.

I can successfully modify the global shadowed variables trough “APPL_SetAddress()”, and then they will become active after resetting the driver through “APPL_RestartAbcc()”. But I would rather not restart the driver if possible.

I have tried to execute the “appl_asAddressChangedCmdSeq” command sequence, since that sequence appears to be pushing the global values into the Anybus IP which is what I need. However it doesn’t update the actual address when I execute the sequence once the driver is running. I am using the HMS IPconfig software tool to check the actual address on the network and I don’t see it changing until I restart the Anybus driver.

I suppose I must be missing some pre/post configuration or initialization work when executing the sequence. Any idea what I could be missing?

Thanks,
Yannick.

It looks like the network configuration object for this requires a reset afterwards. I’ll need to see if I can find out why IPConfig behaves differently

Thanks Tim,

I had missed that part of the manual saying that reset is required to make the IP values active. I felt like I was “patching” the problem by doing a reset of the driver, but if that’s the way it works then fine!

Thanks,
Yannick.

1 Like