Anybus Noob Here - abs-etn 10/100 dhcp question

Hi, I am at customer’s site and dealing with Anybus for the first time.
Customer has ABS-ETN 10/100 that is supposed to be x.x.20.8 address but it defaults to x.x.0.8 IP address (one dip switch is set for #8).
Manual keeps mentioning Mailbox commands without telling me what Mailbox is (software/hardware???). Also manual mentions "Settings specified in Ethernet Configuration File (‘ethcfg.cfg’) without any reference to how to access or create ethcfg.cfg
Anyone available to guide me in where and what to obtain to get rid of this nuisance ?

Hi,

Just to follow up with our phone conversation. Once you turn off the dipswitch the IP address set though IPconfig should be maintained on a reboot.

Deryck

Thanks Deryck_hms…I was able to set all dip switches to off and afterwards when I shut down the unit - it came up properly addressed which means that dip switches have seniority over ethcfg.cfg
It was great pleasure dealing with you and I will be sure to look forward working and learning about your products in future.

Glad to hear it worked!

Have a great week and feel free to make a new post if you have any other questions.

Deryck

1 Like