Anybus PHY-Change (article AB6680-C to AB6680-D) detectable in protocol FW?

Hi,

is it possible to get the PHY info by reading via host application SW, e.g. accessing the Anybus Object?

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Hello @ThomasK ,

There is no direct way to see what PHY a compactcom is using. Can you share any details on your goal here? We may have a different way to go about what you are looking for.

Hi Deryck,

thanks for the very quick response.

Actually we use the C-article and have already some of our devices (called SC-C) delivered to customers for testing. It might be possible that some of the SC-C’s will be replaced because of HW changes we made. And changing the FW (we use the Common Ethernet Brick) is also possible. To make sure that the correct FW protocol version is used and device description file settings match (my info is that for TI PHY delay times need to be adapted), SW identification of the PHY would be the preferred way - from my point of view. Or is there a chance to be completely backwards compatible from D- to C-article?

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Are you using Profinet IRT? This might be the only time the any time delays would come into effect.

Hi Deryck,

we don’t use the SYNC pin with our application, but support of conformance class C is requested from customers for the device within the network. So I can ignore the PHY change regarding the GSDML?

Regards,
Thomas

If the GSD shows that it is Class C rated, I would recommend updating the GSD file. There are some additional notes in the release info you can review. I recommend opening a support case on support.hms-networks.com. Your local support team will be able to provide additional details.

Release information.pdf (1.5 MB)